X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stompcrash
    replied
    Originally posted by oleid View Post

Imagine how fast writing to /dev/null will be!
    This makes the NSA's job much more efficient.

Leave a comment:

• oleid
    replied
    Originally posted by jabl View Post
    The 8x performance seems to come from this comment in the issue linked in the commit msg: "Did some basic benchmarking, and it's giving me > 8x performance when reading small chunks out of /dev/zero.​"
    Imagine how fast writing to /dev/null will be!

Leave a comment:

• jabl
    replied
    The 8x performance seems to come from this comment in the issue linked in the commit msg: "Did some basic benchmarking, and it's giving me > 8x performance when reading small chunks out of /dev/zero.​" So it's quite an artificial usecase. But no doubt someone will do proper benchmarking, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a substantial improvement in many more real-world scenarios. Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic libuv Adds IO_uring Support For ~8x Throughput Boost

libuv Adds IO_uring Support For ~8x Throughput Boost

Phoronix: libuv Adds IO_uring Support For ~8x Throughput Boost

Libuv as the cross-platform asynchronous I/O library that is used by the likes of Node.js, Julia, and other software packages now has support for making use of IO_uring on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X