No announcement yet.

Qt Creator 10 Released With Improved C++20 Support, QML Code Model From Qt 6.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt Creator 10 Released With Improved C++20 Support, QML Code Model From Qt 6.5

Phoronix: Qt Creator 10 Released With Improved C++20 Support, QML Code Model From Qt 6.5

Qt Creator 10 has been released as the newest version of this open-source C++ and Qt focused integrated development environment provided by The Qt Company...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is it only my impression or gets the C++ code model worse since the last releases?

Comment

I'll wait for at least 1 point release to have "hundreds of bugs fixed".

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
        I'll wait for at least 1 point release to have "hundreds of bugs fixed".
        That is not a sound strategy. Qt introduces new bugs at a faster rate it fixes existing ones. Wait = time = bugs

Comment

For an IDE it's quite limited: project management is very poor, little refactoring support, CMake integration isn't great either and it's pretty much C++ only. The only reason to use it is the built-in form editor for Qt widgets and QML. Used it for many years. Now CLion is a better option (not free though).

Comment

Originally posted by dremon_nl View Post
            For an IDE it's quite limited: project management is very poor, little refactoring support, CMake integration isn't great either and it's pretty much C++ only. The only reason to use it is the built-in form editor for Qt widgets and QML. Used it for many years. Now CLion is a better option (not free though).
            I use it as a text editor for C++ (and compile from terminal) and so apparently do many other people.

Comment

Originally posted by dremon_nl View Post
              Although this is true, CLion is also a crappy editor. Refactoring is buggy, the debugger is slow, code navigation is slow, and the IDE in total is really slow. I've never tried Visual Studio, because it exists only for Windows, but my assumption is, that all C++ IDE are crap and some of them a little bit less crappy! These IDEs wouldn't survive in the Java/C# world!

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post

Although this is true, CLion is also a crappy editor. Refactoring is buggy, the debugger is slow, code navigation is slow, and the IDE in total is really slow. I've never tried Visual Studio, because it exists only for Windows, but my assumption is, that all C++ IDE are crap and some of them a little bit less crappy! These IDEs wouldn't survive in the Java/C# world!
                Yeah most of C++ IDEs are not great due to immense language complexity. I think it's probably the most complicated language to learn and to use. It has been improved quite a bit with clang-based LSP but still far away from Java or .Net tooling. Or even Rust.

Comment

Having used it extensively, along with vscode. Little comparison:

Pros:
                  - GDB integration for debugging is way more complete and debugging sessions are easy to start
                  - Compiling and handling various build folders with various build options is very good on Qt Creator, configures clangd ootb, it's faster than vscode in navigation.

Cons:
                  - No browsing of any file in any given folder in any language
                  - can't see headers with meson projects, I can't wait for this to change. This is my major show stopper as of now
                  - no built-in terminal
                  - poor/outdated git integration

So I ended up using both for different aspects.

Comment

Hopefully somebody fixes clang-format soon so it can actually support the Qt coding style. It is rather annoying having to deal with a default tool that messes up the code instead of fixing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X