Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragonfly 1.0 Released For What Claims To Be The World's Fastest In-Memory Data Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragonfly 1.0 Released For What Claims To Be The World's Fastest In-Memory Data Store

Phoronix: Dragonfly 1.0 Released For What Claims To Be The World's Fastest In-Memory Data Store

Dragonfly as what's a high performnace in-memory database compatible with the Memcached and Redis APIs has reached version 1.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Tpyo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Dragonfly 1.0 Released For What Claims To Be The World's Fastest In-Memory Data Store

Dragonfly as what's a high performnace in-memory database compatible with the Memcached and Redis APIs has reached version 1.0...

https://www.phoronix.com/news/Dragonflydb-1.0-Released
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    This Dragonfly database software is available under a Business Source License 1.1 release after 2028 will convert to Apache 2.0.
    Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Tpyo:
      Huh?
      The database version 1.0 used license v1.1 while releases made after 2028 will use Apache 2.0 licence.

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post

The database version 1.0 used license v1.1 while releases made after 2028 will use Apache 2.0 licence.
        No, the BSL automatically converts to an open source license after a defined amount of time. So THIS release will be BSL licensed until 2028, when it will convert to Apache 2.0

Comment

This looks interesting, my work has a service that has massive problems with Redis being too slow for the concurrency. Dragonfly looks like a good alternative. I tried it and it certainly has worse latency at low loads than Redis, I need to do some larger tests.

Nonetheless, Redis made an article showing that a properly configured Redis cluster absolutely stomps Dragonfly. But that setup is much more fragile and complex to setup.

Comment

Originally posted by LtdJorge View Post

No, the BSL automatically converts to an open source license after a defined amount of time. So THIS release will be BSL licensed until 2028, when it will convert to Apache 2.0
            Aye! I stand corrected!

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Aye! I stand corrected!
              Furthermore, the BSL only grants explicitly the use of the work in non-production. The granter has the ability in the BSL to extend the production use under their own distinct terms. Example: MariaDB lets you use their software in production if you have 3 or server instances or less.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenAnsible View Post

Furthermore, the BSL only grants explicitly the use of the work in non-production. The granter has the ability in the BSL to extend the production use under their own distinct terms. Example: MariaDB lets you use their software in production if you have 3 or server instances or less.
                For MaxScale I should have said. (sorry for the self-quote, the edit feature doesn't work for me in Brave)

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenAnsible View Post
                  (sorry for the self-quote, the edit feature doesn't work for me in Brave)
                  I believe that that's a forum configuration issue instead of a browser issue. I can confirm that I experience the same with both Blink- and Gecko-based browsers.

Comment

What I mean is that I see a grammar mistake:

This Dragonfly database software (S) is available (V) under a Business Source License 1.1 (O) release after 2028 will convert to Apache 2.0.​

Comment

Working...
                    X