Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qualcomm Publishes Open-Source Compiler & User-Space For Their Cloud AI Accelerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualcomm Publishes Open-Source Compiler & User-Space For Their Cloud AI Accelerator

Phoronix: Qualcomm Publishes Open-Source Compiler & User-Space For Their Cloud AI Accelerator

Last month Qualcomm published updated patches for their Cloud AI 100 kernel driver to support this inference accelerator. The Qualcomm engineers said at the time that their user-space driver and associated compiler would be published shortly. That panned out and the user-space portion of this open-source AI inference stack was recently published...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

no source for the Hexagon SDK which is a dependency.

at least it's better than the Habana driver which is malicious compliance.

doesn't matter, Michael will continue gushing about open sourced drivers without clicking his own links.

Comment

I doubt qaic is likely to be upstreamed without a lot of discussion. Qualcomm has a bad tendency to "drop and forget" code, drivers, etc. They're improving, but only kicking and screaming because the enterprise server market has demanded it. If given a choice, i'd pick nearly anyone except Qualcomm hardware for such a deployment. I'd even go so far as pick Nvidia over them. While Nvidia's drivers and many of their development tools are proprietary, their Linux market presence has been constant and consistent for over 20 years. Qualcomm has been the opposite - and what they've done has usually been in bad faith.

Comment

With recent news about improving Linux support for Qualcomm-powered laptops, I wonder how similar the AI hardware in their mobile SoCs is to this server appliance.

Comment

Originally posted by ziguana View Post
          no source for the Hexagon SDK which is a dependency.

at least it's better than the Habana driver which is malicious compliance.

doesn't matter, Michael will continue gushing about open sourced drivers without clicking his own links.
          For someone claiming Michael didn't check the links, you sure didn't either. There is no dependency on hexagon SDK. Upstream LLVM is used.

Comment

Working...
          X