Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Summer of Code 2023 Organizations Announced For Students & New Developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Summer of Code 2023 Organizations Announced For Students & New Developers

Phoronix: Google Summer of Code 2023 Organizations Announced For Students & New Developers

Google has published a list of the participating open-source organizations for this year's Google Summer of Code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Always nice to see NetBSD get some love! That project is short on devs and short on cash, so Google summer of code helps it tremendously. I remember reading on Phoronix a few years back that they got wine working on NetBSD!

Comment

Winter would be better. Not everyone wants to spend summer at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
        Winter would be better. Not everyone wants to spend summer at home.
        Not everyone is a university student doing GSoC during summer break . Same reason tech internships are typically in the summer. But I guess it would be better to do GSoC in the middle of a full set of classes

Comment

Shout-out for all the students who make contributions to open-source project. We all appreciate all of your effort. Hope you can continue to contribute even after soc ends

Comment

I hope there are many people wanting to contribute something to KDE, VideoLAN, FFmpeg!
            And of course to other projects too.

Open source software is really important and I'm very grateful to Google for doing this!
            Too bad that the EU doesn't care much about it to do something similar to what Google is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
              Too bad that the EU doesn't care much about it to do something similar to what Google is doing.
              Or other big corporate beneficiaries of open source. Do Microsoft, Facebook, or Amazon have anything analogous?

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
                Or other big corporate beneficiaries of open source. Do Microsoft, Facebook, or Amazon have anything analogous?
                I think the answer is a blanket no. I am not so sure that GSoC is really about contributing to open source so much as vetting interns abilities to work on/with open source which Google does regularly. It's definitely a great thing for everyone nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                X