Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNU C Library "glibc" 2.37 Released

Phoronix: GNU C Library "glibc" 2.37 Released

As scheduled, version 2.37 of the GNU C Library "glibc" was released this morning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think this release includes a lot of the work required to get Glibc building with Clang as per https://www.collabora.com/news-and-b...ibc-with-llvm/

Comment

Looking at the News file for recent releases, this one seems kind of short in comparison. I don't know (and didn't look for) what their release cycle is, but if it is short enough it is always possible this was due to the holidays making a noticeable difference.

Comment

Hopefully they don't break Steam games yet again with this release. I'll defer to compile it for a few days to make sure that it runs fine elsewhere.

Comment

As far as i know steam wasnt broken. Only certain software that still is broken, except you patched it on your end (or your distro did)

Comment

I don't remember a glibc update that didn't break Microsoft Teams (which I depend on for work).

Running zypper dup now, before it comes to Tumbleweed.

Comment

It is supposed to be released ... BUT IT IS NOT RELEASED at this moment. No tarballs, no announcement.

I dislike articles that state something which did not happen.

Comment

Now that it's not brand new to glibc, are any distros using that 'HWCAPS' feature that allows binaries to branch to different optimizations based on hardware they're running on?

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
                  Hopefully they don't break Steam games yet again with this release. I'll defer to compile it for a few days to make sure that it runs fine elsewhere.
                  Rogue Company’s anticheat is still broken since glibc 2.34.

Comment

Originally posted by ryao View Post

Rogue Company’s anticheat is still broken since glibc 2.34.
                    Well what's worse is that I was tempted to try it out and - of course - it totally broke the system with a segmentation fault. There was no chance to save the installation with a chroot for the same reason. Either one of my extra patches is at fault that applied and compiled fine or one of my CFLAGS went rogue with that version. My grief is still deep for the loss of all the time for optimizing my system. Once again, Glibc proved to be a hell of a biest to tame.

Comment

Working...
                    X