Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post

No.

Unfortunately I didn't know how to do that.
    I rember I was tweaking some file called Btrfs before installing the system, but I remember I just put "zstd" as shown in some tutorial, I didn't know how and where to put a level.
    The btrfs compression algorithm/level is set in fstab (bascially at mounting), so you cannot tune that for each subvolume.

Comment

Originally posted by NobodyXu View Post

The btrfs compression algorithm/level is set in fstab (bascially at mounting), so you cannot tune that for each subvolume.
      For whatever reason I though that levels could be set on a per-directory basis with btrfs property set...but that only uses the default value of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

For whatever reason I though that levels could be set on a per-directory basis with btrfs property set...but that only uses the default value of 3.
        Oh you are right, btrfs actually supports per file compression algorithm setting, which does not support compression level yet.

Comment

Does anyone know what the current timeline for ZSTD is? When can we expect a new version?
          Last edited by opengears; 12 January 2023, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by opengears View Post
            Does anyone know what the current timeline for ZSTD is? When can we expect a new version?
            Kernel or Zstd actual?

It looks like Zstd actual might have a 1.5.4 release sometime soon. Been nearly a year since its last release but there's some talk about a 1.5.4 release in various git issues lately. Take that with a grain of salt.

Comment

Working...
            X