Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 22.3-rc1 Released With Rusticl, Many Intel & Radeon Vulkan Driver Improvements

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mesa 22.3-rc1 Released With Rusticl, Many Intel & Radeon Vulkan Driver Improvements

    Phoronix: Mesa 22.3-rc1 Released With Rusticl, Many Intel & Radeon Vulkan Driver Improvements

    Feature work on Mesa 22.3 has now concluded as this quarter's feature release to this collection of open-source OpenGL, OpenCL, and Vulkan drivers. Mesa 22.3 was branched this afternoon and Mesa 22.3-rc1 now issued as the first weekly test release leading up to the stable debut in a few weeks...

    https://www.phoronix.com/news/Mesa-22.3-rc1-Released

  • #2
    Since 22.2 Quake2RTX is not working for me on my Vega56. Do you have also this problem that preliminary RT is not working anymore?

    Comment


    • #3
      Random, but can anyone else with a AMD Radeon 5600XT (such a regretted purchase, so many random issues) who was getting random issues check the latest 22.3 to make sure it's also fixed? I was getting super random issues that were fixed with the latest Mesa git, so hoping that 22.3 fixes this.

      Comment


      • #4
        When building the Intel Vulkan driver with ray-tracing (using
        `-D intel-clc=enabled`, disabled by default), libclc is required
        (both as build and runtime dependency).‚Äč
        That's interesting, I'm curious about Arc Quake II RTX benchmarks.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by joshx1 View Post
          Random, but can anyone else with a AMD Radeon 5600XT (such a regretted purchase, so many random issues) who was getting random issues check the latest 22.3 to make sure it's also fixed? I was getting super random issues that were fixed with the latest Mesa git, so hoping that 22.3 fixes this.
          Issues like what? I don't think I've ever experienced any RDNA1-only issues with neither mesa-git nor stable.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by eyesore View Post

            Issues like what? I don't think I've ever experienced any RDNA1-only issues with neither mesa-git nor stable.
            in the past it's been a mix of xorg-server and mesa, though now on wayland but still get issues

            https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/4811

            but this one was tormenting me a lot: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/1974

            Can't find the others, but I think this card has issues with power profiles with Linux.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by joshx1 View Post

              but this one was tormenting me a lot: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/1974
              Now that you mention it this was a major PITA for me, too, on multiple occasions. However, I haven't encountered this issue for some time now (and I hope I never will again), so I kind of forgot about it till now.

              Comment

              Working...
              X