No announcement yet.

Mesa 22.3 Tunes Intel Arc Graphics For Better Vulkan Mesh Shading Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 22.3 Tunes Intel Arc Graphics For Better Vulkan Mesh Shading Performance

Phoronix: Mesa 22.3 Tunes Intel Arc Graphics For Better Vulkan Mesh Shading Performance

Merged this morning into Mesa 22.3 are some adjustments to Intel's open-source "ANV" Vulkan driver for delivering better Vulkan mesh shading performance with Arc Graphics hardware...

https://www.phoronix.com/news/Mesa-2...ter-Mesh-Shade

Arc still hasn't reached any volumes in Germany, there is only one seller for the A770 with absurd prices for its performance tier. While availability is a little better with the A750, that comes also with inflated prices close to the cheapest 6700 XT. Intel could have cut down their marketing hype considerably if they didn't intend to actually sell these cards in meaningful quantities.

Comment

Too bad the only ARC to be found for sale are $100-200 marked up from ebay scalpers.

Comment

I hope Arc improve their supply chain, I wanted one due to AV1 and oneAPI, there is no availability (sellers are saying it will take months)

Comment

Are the A380's flying again?

Comment

Michael
            Although Arc (only A770 and A750) is sold in France on 3 web sites, since October 12, there is none. And with inflated prices (A770 = 460 euros /A750 = 380 euros) No one has. I ordered some (A770) since that day and no more news. Where are they ? And when will we have them, if we ever have them. I am now beginning to doubt. As for the A380, it never existed here, no one sells it.

Comment

Tom from MLID said pretty early, that Arc got canceled. They only sell out the stock that they produced up to that point and maybe try again with the next version or may completely abandon desktop/gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by olielvewen View Post
                Michael
                Although Arc (only A770 and A750) is sold in France on 3 web sites, since October 12, there is none. And with inflated prices (A770 = 460 euros /A750 = 380 euros) No one has. I ordered some (A770) since that day and no more news. Where are they ? And when will we have them, if we ever have them. I am now beginning to doubt. As for the A380, it never existed here, no one sells it.
                Intel manufactured all their Arc GPU's last spring. They aren't creating any more of them after the gpu market crashed and their launch delays stopped them from being particularly competitive.

In short, don't expect any more to show up in stores, until the next-gen B series comes out (assuming it does).

Comment

Michael smitty3268

It is when hope flies away that the dream becomes reality. It is enough to speak about it to have the opposite.

I finally received my A770 after almost a month since my order. I haven't started it yet, under Manjaro for now I'm backing up my entire system before at least going into testing because the version of Mesa in stable is lower than 22.2. I should change at least for testing.

The box is beautiful, unusual for a GPU when you open it. It has the minimum, the graphics card (it is huge to compare my previous cards even like my Gigabyte Radeon RX5500 XT OC 8Go), a cable for the LEDs of the GPU, and 2 small notices including a thank you. Little tip, the connection for the leds on the card is to the right of the sockets for the GPU, it is covered by a small cover that is almost not noticeable.

I can't wait to test maybe this WE if I have time.
                  Last edited by olielvewen; 10 November 2022, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X