No announcement yet.

Sigstore Reaches GA For Working To Secure The Open-Source Software Supply Chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigstore Reaches GA For Working To Secure The Open-Source Software Supply Chain

Phoronix: Sigstore Reaches GA For Working To Secure The Open-Source Software Supply Chain

Sigstore that is backed by Google, Red Hat, GitHub, and other prominent organizations with an aim to secure the open-source software supply chain has reached general availability and issued the "v1.0" releases for their key software components...

https://www.phoronix.com/news/Sigstore-Reaches-GA

"Sigstore provides the means of easily and cryptographically-backed means of signing code,..."

Michael Something is very wrong grammatically here I think. But I'm not a native speaker, so I'm not going to suggest a fix.

Comment

Docker is killing vendoring, so now we will get "enterprise open source" as fancy signatures generally stored on a central server run by a gang of very trustworthy corporations... It could be done with GPG+git as it'd been for years, but this way is less "painful".

Comment

So if we examine the chart we can see that this checks the Google and Microsoft (GitHub) boxes, so it must be a corporate ploy to EEE FOSS in order to spy on you and sucks because there is money behind it. Also, why does this not serve to further increase RISC-V marketshare? Surely we all know that anything else is pointless to invest in. Also, why is this not written in a fast language like C instead of using a slow language like Go? This should be an AGPL project which every developer contributes to in their free time not a scheme to further make the hardware I own unhackable and prevent me from using it to its full capacity. Also, its useless because everyone should be compiling their own code.
        Last edited by AlanTuring69; 30 October 2022, 11:47 AM.

Comment

https://github.com/sigstore/sigstore-website/issues/132

lol

Comment

And it's still like that, both Chrome and Firefox on my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorpal View Post
              "Sigstore provides the means of easily and cryptographically-backed means of signing code,..."

Michael Something is very wrong grammatically here I think. But I'm not a native speaker, so I'm not going to suggest a fix.
              "Sigstore provides an easy and cryptographically-backed means of signing code,..."

Comment

Working...
              X