OneXPlayer Linux Platform Driver Sent Out For AMD-Powered Gaming Handheld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OneXPlayer Linux Platform Driver Sent Out For AMD-Powered Gaming Handheld

Phoronix: OneXPlayer Linux Platform Driver Sent Out For AMD-Powered Gaming Handheld

For those interested in the OneXPlayer handheld gaming consoles, a x86 platform driver for the Linux kernel has been posted for getting working sensor support on the AMD-powered OneXPlayer Mini...

https://www.phoronix.com/news/OneXPl...x-Platform-Drv

Really nice that it gets support, my bet would be for coming SteamOS support.

Comment

Neat, but for nearly $1000 I'll never own one. That's a few Tele Vues or my next two GPUs.

Priorities, man.

Comment

The lack of touchpads, especially the one on the right for aiming, makes this a non-starter. The Steam Deck is a success because of the control it gives the player. Good luck playing against someone with a mouse when all you have is a joystick.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanz View Post
          The lack of touchpads, especially the one on the right for aiming, makes this a non-starter. The Steam Deck is a success because of the control it gives the player. Good luck playing against someone with a mouse when all you have is a joystick.
          I did that back in the MW4 days (joystick v. mouse). In some games it doesn't matter. I was the team sniper, and I played with a joystick. I rarely got killed.

Likewise there's this known duel between two Elite Dangerous high(er) end players, one with a joystick the other playing with a mouse. The conventional wisdom would be the joystick player would win every time. Turns out it wasn't the case. I don't remember the details, and I don't care to look up the blog on Youtube. Point is, don't dismiss play styles just because 'conventional wisdom' says something can't possibly be as good as what "everyone knows." "Everyone" can be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
            Neat, but for nearly $1000 I'll never own one. That's a few Tele Vues or my next two GPUs.

Priorities, man.
            are you kidding ? thats half a gpu

Comment

Independent developer?

Or OneXPlayer official support?

Comment

Originally posted by Lanz View Post
                The only point in favor against the Steam Deck is that it runs Windows natively (whether it is well-supported or just a lazy installation is unknown, and in the case it's the latter, it wouldn't matter too much).

Comment

Ok, where do I find comparisons between this and the Steam Deck?

Michael?

Comment

If Valve is smart, they should offer to help bring and support SteamOS on all these handheld devices. just so MS cant monopolize this market.

Comment

Working...
                    X