Intel Begins Sending In Their Graphics Driver Changes For Linux 6.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Begins Sending In Their Graphics Driver Changes For Linux 6.2

Phoronix: Intel Begins Sending In Their Graphics Driver Changes For Linux 6.2

Intel today submitted their initial batch of "i915" kernel graphics driver changes to DRM-Next of new driver material slated for the Linux 6.2 cycle...

https://www.phoronix.com/news/Linux-...tel-i915-Start

Yea really, I cannot dual boot from Void Linux into Ubuntu without manually entering i915.force_probe!

Not sure if there's a way for grub probe to write the linux command option to grub.cfg for all probed linux distributions, aside from manually creating an custom grub entry for each linux install.

Since the product is on the market, I would guess the patch for dropping the required force_probe to be imminent. Just surprising such an action is taking so long, in comparison, while the DG2 Windows 10 driver seems pretty stable. (Pretty meaning, it looks good, but is it AstroTurf or is it the real thing?)

Comment

You can add default arguments to grub conf

Comment

Originally posted by rogerx View Post
        Yea really, I cannot dual boot from Void Linux into Ubuntu without manually entering i915.force_probe!

Not sure if there's a way for grub probe to write the linux command option to grub.cfg for all probed linux distributions, aside from manually creating an custom grub entry for each linux install.
        If you compile kernels from scratch, the FORCE_PROBE setting can be set there: CONFIG_DRM_I915_FORCE_PROBE="56a5", so you don't need the command line parameter anymore.

In Grub, you can add i915.force_probe to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX= in /etc/default/grub

Comment

intels has be very much slacking off with DG2 it feels like on the kernel side of things, the only way to get VAAPI right now on arch is to use the older kernels and dkms, I just use the ubuntu kernel, but this is a stupid solution

Comment

Working...
          X