Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Python 3.11 Released With Big Performance Improvements, Task Groups For Async I/O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Python 3.11 Released With Big Performance Improvements, Task Groups For Async I/O

Phoronix: Python 3.11 Released With Big Performance Improvements, Task Groups For Asyinc I/O

Python 3.11 stable is out today as a rather big update for this popular scripting language...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

phoronix Headline Typo

Asyinc

That word makes me imagine two threads taking the long way home.

Comment

Awesome, windows store version when?

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
        I am curious why a store version is preferred over what you can get from https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/

Comment

Both the Anaconda and Windows Store versions act weirdly and unreliable when trying to use the Python binary from an application loading it. I'd avoid both of them, at least if you care about having an installed binary for applications to load that embed Python.

Comment

when i see evidence from a phoronix dance battle python benchmark, then i will believe tricycle riding pythonbaristas.

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
              Does the Windows Store version install Python to C:\Program Files\python or to yet another of those GUID-type directories?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

Does the Windows Store version install Python to C:\Program Files\python or to yet another of those GUID-type directories?
                The latter. As far as I understand, all UWP apps install to those weird GUID directories. Thats one of the reasons why the Windows Store version is completely unusable as a shared binary.

Comment

Not familiar with Windows Store (what ever that is) . But we (at work) use WinPython for all our Windoze Python systems. Can install anywhere. Using 3.10 now. 3.11 will come eventually. Fast enough right now, but faster is always better .

Comment

On a seperate note, GraalVM's Python implementation seems to be making good progress: https://github.com/oracle/graalpytho...thon-changelog

They claim its extremely quick... in what it supports.

Comment

Working...
                    X