No announcement yet.

High-Speed Mold 1.5 Linker Released With PPC64LE, SPARC64 & RISC-V BE Targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High-Speed Mold 1.5 Linker Released With PPC64LE, SPARC64 & RISC-V BE Targets

Phoronix: High-Speed Mold 1.5 Linker Released With PPC64LE, SPARC64 & RISC-V BE Targets

Mold 1.5 is out today as the newest version of this open-source, high-speed linker alternative to the likes of GNU Gold and LLVM LLD...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Beware that there is a critical bug in that release if you use
    Code:
    -Wl,-zcommon-page-size=0x200000 -Wl,-zmax-page-size=0x200000
    or similar - I already filed a bug report and it has been confirmed.

Comment

Mold is an absolute blast to use, you can add it to your rust projects pretty easily, and it has worked with almost every project I've used it with (apart from a project which called libpostal, which is a C library).

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
        Beware that there is a critical bug in that release if you use
        Code:
        -Wl,-zcommon-page-size=0x200000 -Wl,-zmax-page-size=0x200000
        or similar - I already filed a bug report and it has been confirmed.
        Looks like that was fixed in https://github.com/rui314/mold/commi...3c6ee38e6dc11c, which preceded the tagging of 1.5.0.

Comment

Originally posted by satadru View Post
          That was the first try. Unfortunately that did not fix it. See my issue about the details, this was reproduced independantly of me with the new version, too.

Comment

is there any disadvantage to using mold? (I don't mean when something breaks with mold)
            like, could the binaries be slower because mold does not optimize as much as LD or does it differently? (link time optimizations and stuff) or is the result the same just the process of doing it is faster?

Comment

Originally posted by joshx1 View Post
              Mold is an absolute blast to use, you can add it to your rust projects pretty easily, and it has worked with almost every project I've used it with (apart from a project which called libpostal, which is a C library).
              Unfortunately, I tend to leave it off because the methods I tried broke things like `cargo miri` and/or cross-compiling and, when you try to make it conditional, it tends to be accomplished by modifying things that cause Cargo to invalidate its incremental build caches too readily.

Comment

Isnt gold dead?

Comment

Working...
                X