Google Releases Cirq 1.0 For Quantum Programming Framework

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
    Indeed. I am 99.9% certain that the first successful commercial quantum compiler will just be a C or C++ compiler with extensions, similar to OpenMP.
    Companies like D-Wave have been shipping quantum computers for the better part of a decade.

Also, I'm curious why you feel qualified to make such a confident prediction. Have you read anything about existing quantum programming languages? Did you even read the blog post linked from the article or look at the tutorial? Do you have any clue how long it takes them to setup, converge, or read out?

Python is workable for QC for the same reasons it's dominating AI. Because the parts written in it aren't the bottleneck. And if you don't need C/C++, then it's just another way to hurt yourself, multiply the amount of effort, and waste a lot of time on bugs that wouldn't happen in a higher-level language.

It always amazes me how many people blindly assume quantum computing will follow the exact same path as conventional Turing machines and expect to have a quantum-enabled laptop or cell phone, in a couple decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Palu Macil View Post
      it's basically impossible to compete with C++ on talking to graphics cards
      Nobody is writing GPU drivers in Python. The performance-intensive parts of frameworks like PyTorch are either written in C/C++ or JIT-compiled (I'm not talking about JIT-compiling Python -- Torch has a dedicated framework for compiling your deep learning models into executable code).

Comment

Quantum comp will run python at speed of cpp )

Comment

Me interest more, how it is compared to Q#

En el mundo de Infinite Craft, los límites entre lo real y lo que se puede crear se redefinen, ofreciendo un espacio donde la imaginación puede manifestarse en una existencia virtual. Este juego sandbox permite a los jugadores construir innumerables objetos, conceptos abstractos e incluso figuras importantes, aprovechando una amplia gama de elementos y combinaciones para impulsar sus esfuerzos

If I see it right, with Q# it is possible to write programs for Quantum computers,
          But CirQ ist "a Python framework for writing, running, and analyzing the results of quantum computer programs."

So CirQ looks also at the results. Which is needed, because Quantum computer are fast, but not error free. The results are not everytime right, I I have understand it correct.

Comment

Originally posted by theuserbl View Post
            The results are not everytime right, I I have understand it correct.
            "You are not authorized to update this post."

Cant edit my post.

Wanted to write "if I have understand it correct"

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
              Nobody is writing GPU drivers in Python. The performance-intensive parts of frameworks like PyTorch are either written in C/C++ or JIT-compiled (I'm not talking about JIT-compiling Python -- Torch has a dedicated framework for compiling your deep learning models into executable code).
              If you read my post, you'll see that I talk about Python being dominant because these things are done in C++ and Python has great FFI and is the tool of choice where most C++ wrappers have been written for ML, data science, etc. Ironically, you even quoted me talking about how these things are written in C++. 😄

Comment

Companies like D-Wave have been shipping quantum computers for the better part of a decade.
                And yet don't provide a "successful commercial quantum compiler".

Also, I'm curious why you feel qualified to make such a confident prediction. Have you read anything about existing quantum programming languages? Did you even read the blog post linked from the article or look at the tutorial? Do you have any clue how long it takes them to setup, converge, or read out?

Python is workable for QC for the same reasons it's dominating AI. Because the parts written in it aren't the bottleneck. And if you don't need C/C++, then it's just another way to hurt yourself, multiply the amount of effort, and waste a lot of time on bugs that wouldn't happen in a higher-level language.

It always amazes me how many people blindly assume quantum computing will follow the exact same path as conventional Turing machines and expect to have a quantum-enabled laptop or cell phone, in a couple decades.
                Yep but all said and done. It will be a C compiler with extensions won't it

Comment

Originally posted by theuserbl View Post
                  "You are not authorized to update this post."

Cant edit my post.
                  I think this has happened to me a couple times, and refreshing my browser seems fix it.

Comment

Working...
                  X