Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Python 3.11 Might Slip To December Due To Outstanding Bugs

Phoronix: Python 3.11 Might Slip To December Due To Outstanding Bugs

While Python 3.11 is a big release and bringing significant performance improvements, users and developers may need to wait a little longer for the stable release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is it "due to outstanding bugs" or "because of outstanding bugs"? (English isn't my first language.)

Comment

Either - I think they both have the same meaning in this context - potentially delayed because of the bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
        Is it "due to outstanding bugs" or "because of outstanding bugs"? (English isn't my first language.)
        "due to" means "as a result of", "because of", so both are correct.
        as a result of : because of… See the full definition

Comment

They should break everything for no reason again and call it Python 4. I bet that will fix the bugs.

Comment

I am sure they are debating to skip 3.11 altogether and go for Python 95 right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironmask View Post
              They should break everything for no reason again and call it Python 4. I bet that will fix the bugs.
              Nah...

Compatibility is paramount in software design.

Comment

Originally posted by LuukD View Post
                I am sure they are debating to skip 3.11 altogether and go for Python 95 right away.
                Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, let's make it for workgroups first.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Nah...

Compatibility is paramount in software design.
                  Tell that to all of the people that coded in Actionscript.

Comment

if Fedora ships a Beta Python in F37 an users find it Buggy, More Users will just end up leaving the project an go elsewhere

Comment

Working...
                    X