Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GCC 12.1 Compiler Released With AVX-512 FP16, Better RISC-V Support, More C++23 Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCC 12.1 Compiler Released With AVX-512 FP16, Better RISC-V Support, More C++23 Features

Phoronix: GCC 12.1 Compiler Released With AVX-512 FP16, Better RISC-V Support, More C++23 Features

GCC 12.1 is out today as the first stable release of GCC 12. It also marks 35 years already since the release of GCC 1.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

- The GCC JIT library (libgccjit) has been further improved with various new entry points and new features.
    These are many of the changes required for using libgccjit with the official rust compiler frontend.

Comment

Nice to see GNAT continuing in 2022 for Ada support. Ada was Rust just earlier in time. Was required to learn some Ada in college and must say it is an interesting language.

Comment

C++20 has already a lots of stuff to be implemented and I wonder how long will it takes . Then reading about C++23 can only makes me smile

Comment

Updated, cross compiles mostly, except Ada ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2O7k0nBEQA

Comment

Seeing Ada is cool. And it is imported into pkgsrc for NetBSD

Comment

How does one build GCC with AMD GPU support? Is it via openMP, or? I'm not seeing it. Perhaps I am so old now my eyes are not working well.

(edit) Aha! It's via OpenMP and/or OpenACC. I just had to squint a bit harder
              Last edited by hoohoo; 06 May 2022, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X