Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Git Updated Due To A Potentially Nasty Vulnerability On Windows

Phoronix: Git Updated Due To A Potentially Nasty Vulnerability On Windows

Git 2.35.2 was just released along with updates to prior series in the form of Git 2.34.2, 2.33.2, 2.32.1, 2.31.2, and 2.30.3 due to a new security issue...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Where are the windows defender in this forum? Please tell me again why Linux is so bad

Is this also the case for wsl access to the fs?

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
      Where are the windows defender in this forum? Please tell me again why Linux is so bad

But it's Linux' trojan horse to destroy windows. :P

Comment

"multiuser windows" is an oxymoron. Windows was never really intended for multiuser environments from the get-go and has been poorly adapted to it over the decades.

Comment

What if Git just stops providing support for Windows because WSL is so easy to use now?

Comment

Originally posted by Developer12 View Post
            "multiuser windows" is an oxymoron. Windows was never really intended for multiuser environments from the get-go and has been poorly adapted to it over the decades.
            That was true for windows for workgroups and the 9x/Me series. NT and its descendants have had multiuser support from the get go.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

That was true for windows for workgroups and the 9x/Me series. NT and its descendants have had multiuser support from the get go.
              Exactly. The problem during the last two decades wasn't Windows NT itself, but rather applications that were written with a single-user mindset - typically legacy software from Window 9x.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

Pointing out Windows has desirable features (and lots of them), does not make one a "Windows defender". At least I think it shouldn't.
                Windows was built for desktops and at some point it moved onto servers. Linux was built for server and migrated to the desktop. It's pretty clear where the strong and weak points lie for each OS.

Comment

Originally posted by tekdan View Post
                  What if Git just stops providing support for Windows because WSL is so easy to use now?
                  And what if every other software in existence also followed suit.

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post

And what if every other software in existence also followed suit.
                    I'm not sure about the level of support for GUI apps, but command line stuff could do that just fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X