Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• libvirt 8.0 Virtualization API Released

Phoronix: libvirt 8.0 Virtualization API Released

Libvirt 8.0 has been released for this open-source Virtualization API and associated daemon/tools for managing KVM, Xen, and other hypervisors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I would like to see crosvm support from libvirt eventually, it could be a good addition,

Comment

I'd like to see a few more controls/options exposed via Cockpit's webUI for creating and managing VMs.
      Cockpit UI for virtual machines. Contribute to cockpit-project/cockpit-machines development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by johncall View Post
        I'd like to see a few more controls/options exposed via Cockpit's webUI for creating and managing VMs.
        I am six one way, half dozen the other, I doubt cockpit will ever get the point of virtmanager even. so ill keep using both for a long time most likely

Comment

I'd like to see performance improvements for the resolving of DHCP requests from libvirt's internal DHCP stack. It's not a huge thing for wider use of libvirt, but on my laptop I can watch the DHCP request from a VM go out. PXE booting a VM where the PXE server is either the host system or another local VM is especially frustrating. Takes an inordinate amount of time when the data files are all local. I will sit there *willing* it to be faster. Seems to take forever. Watched kettle and all that.

Do DHCP requests default to timing out on any/every available network before trying the libvirft DHCP stack?

Comment

Originally posted by johncall View Post
            If you are looking for extensive web based virtual machine management, oVirt is by far the best option.
            While it is designed to high end shared storage scenarios (E.g. multiple hosts with GlusterFS storage / NAS) it has no issues running on a mid-end desktop with 16-32GB RAM.

BTW, FWIW I'm currently typing this on a Fedora VM (w/ GPU pass-through) running on my private oVirt cluster (see signature below).

- Gilboa
            Last edited by gilboa; 21 January 2022, 01:47 PM.
            oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
            oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
            oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
            Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Working...
            X