• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geearf View Post
    Fair point, thanks for checking!
    Does this linker not support LTO?
    LTO is still a work in progress: https://github.com/rui314/mold/issues/181

I tested mold on a few of my Rust projects and it did indeed improve the build times by a few seconds, but yeah, the resulting binaries were larger and slower. Still, the project has a lot of potential.

Comment

Originally posted by jstoik View Post

LTO is still a work in progress: https://github.com/rui314/mold/issues/181

I tested mold on a few of my Rust projects and it did indeed improve the build times by a few seconds, but yeah, the resulting binaries were larger and slower. Still, the project has a lot of potential.
      I see, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironmask View Post
        Oh no, yet another attack on freedom! I can't wait to hear Stallman's tantrum on this one.
        Come one, this is already a bad troll. mold is GNU Affero GPL. There should be absolutely no protest from Stallman on this one.
        Edit: Ok, they're sunk
        Note: I'm looking for a sponsor who wants to purchase the copyright
        of this work and relicense it under a more liberal license such as
        the MIT license. For now, mold is released under the GNU AGPL v3.
        Last edited by nanonyme; 02 January 2022, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post

Come one, this is already a bad troll. mold is GNU Affero GPL. There should be absolutely no protest from Stallman on this one.
          LOL. "Someone" a.k.a. please Google pay me.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post

Kind of reaffirms that the GPL is only used/useful for holding your own software hostage from other people.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
              Fair point, thanks for checking!
              Does this linker not support LTO?
              No, but it may be possible to BOLT it after the fact. But if you have the patience for BOLT then you have the patience for LTO lol. P.S. BOLT only works on the binary, so you need to link it statically to get good results most of the time.
              Last edited by linuxgeex; 04 January 2022, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxgeex View Post

No, but it may be possible to BOLT it after the fact. But if you have the patience for BOLT then you have the patience for LTO lol. P.S. BOLT only works on the binary, so you need to link it statically to get good results most of the time.
                I see, thank you!

Comment

Working...
                X