X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by Maxzor View Post

HIPIFY: Convert CUDA to Portable C++ Code. Contribute to ROCm/HIPIFY development by creating an account on GitHub.

Oh and Debian is in the process of solidly packaging ROCm, checkout https://lists.debian.org/debian-ai/2021/11/
    I mean a call translation system like DXVK, not a source translation tool like DXVK-Native or MoltenVK.

Leave a comment:

• Maxzor
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

What I mean is CUDA on AMD hardware
    HIPIFY: Convert CUDA to Portable C++ Code. Contribute to ROCm/HIPIFY development by creating an account on GitHub.

Oh and Debian is in the process of solidly packaging ROCm, checkout https://lists.debian.org/debian-ai/2021/11/
    Last edited by Maxzor; 16 December 2021, 06:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by pvelesko View Post

You can run HIP and Nvidia hardware already via AMDs header only implementation
    What I mean is CUDA on AMD hardware

Leave a comment:

• pvelesko
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    What about CUDASPV or something like that instead?
    You can run HIP and Nvidia hardware already via AMDs header only implementation

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    What about CUDASPV or something like that instead?

Leave a comment:

• MadeUpName
    replied
    I have to give it to them, they have managed to make compute on graphics cards a far bigger disaster than I would ever have imagined they could.

Leave a comment:

• programmerjake
    replied
    it'd be nice if this could target Vulkan compute shaders...that's widely supported across basically all modern GPUs. That would require targeting the graphics variant of SPIR-V rather than the OpenCL variant though.

Leave a comment:

• StillStuckOnSI
    replied
    I was briefly excited thinking this was working the other way around (adding SPIR-V support for HIP-supported devices), but alas it's another library doomed to obscurity because of no vendor support.
    • Intel are the only GPU maker actually pushing SPIR-V and OpenCL these days, but they don't have the hardware to back it up.
    • Nvidia has very openly admitted to not including it in their OpenCL 3.0 implementation (which, IIRC, is mostly a repackaged version of their 1.2 one).
    • AMD has yet to support an OpenCL version high enough to be forced to think about SPIR-V.
    • The Mesa devs are pretty much the only ones trying for any kind of cross-platform adoption, but Clover is a passion project at best for them since there's 0 funding to go around. Technically you can use SPIR-V with Nouveau, but it's incomplete and Nouveau is a non-starter for most things performance-related.
    • POCL deserves an honourable mention for adding a SPIR-V to PTX compilation path, but the value proposition on that is pretty weak when you consider a) OpenCL-related tooling sucks, and b) SPIR-V isn't supported on any other dGPUs/accelerators of note. So why even bother when CUDA support is right there?

Leave a comment:

• LLVM Working On "HIPSPV" So AMD HIP Code Can Turn Into SPIR-V And Run On OpenCL

Phoronix: LLVM Working On "HIPSPV" So AMD HIP Code Can Turn Into SPIR-V And Run On OpenCL

Upstreaming progress is being made on a new "HIPSPV" toolchain for AMD's HIP path so that SPIR-V kernels can be executed and ultimately allowing for execution by OpenCL drivers. This HIPSPV effort driven outside of AMD aims to be able to allow HIP code to work on other GPU drivers such as those from Intel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X