No announcement yet.

PHP 8.1 Released With Fibers, Enumerations, Read-Only Properties & Much More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP 8.1 Released With Fibers, Enumerations, Read-Only Properties & Much More

Phoronix: PHP 8.1 Released With Fibers, Enumerations, Read-Only Properties & Much More

PHP 8.1.0 was just officially released as the latest annual feature update to this widely-used, server-side programming language...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is PHAR in any better shape now than it was some years ago?
    I thought PHAR was cool, but I played with many, many years ago and had some bad experiences with it.

PHP seems great! 👍️
    Now it has everything except generic attributes and async/await keywords.

Comment

[QUOTE=uid313;n1292932]Is PHAR in any better shape now than it was some years ago?

better how? Was it 2019, was the issue with the degree of compression or something else?

Comment

Nice.. default parameters, final/const, and enums. I didn't even expect PHP didn't have those yet.

Comment

[QUOTE=AJenbo;n1292938]
          Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          Is Phar in any better shape now than it was some years ago?

better how? Was it 2019, was the issue with the degree of compression or something else?
          No, prior to 2019, long, long prior to 2019, but I am not sure how long.
          No, I never had any issues with the compression, I just vaguely remembering having issues with Phar, it felt like it was buggy and immature.
          I tried to make a Phar that contained both an CLI interface and a web interface in one, so if it was run inside a webserver it would present a web page, but if ran from the command-line it would run a CLI.
          I don't remember exactly what was the issue though.

It seems there have been some Phar fixes over the years.
          • Use SHA256 by default for signature.
          • Add support for OpenSSL_SHA256 and OpenSSL_SHA512 signature.
          • Fixed bug #81211: Symlinks are followed when creating PHAR archive (cmb)
          • Fixed bug #75850 (Unclear error message wrt. __halt_compiler() w/o semicolon) (cmb)
          • Fixed bug #70091 (Phar does not mark UTF-8 filenames in ZIP archives).
          • Fixed bug #53467 (Phar cannot compress large archives).
          • Fixed bug #76929 (zip-based phar does not respect phar.require_hash).
          • Fixed bug #77565 (Incorrect locator detection in ZIP-based phars).
          • Fixed bug #69279 (Compressed ZIP Phar extractTo() creates garbage files).
          • Fixed bug #73809 (Phar Zip parse crash - mmap fail).
          • Fixed bug #75102 (`PharData` says invalid checksum for valid tar).
          • Fixed bug #77322 (PharData::addEmptyDir('/') Possible integer overflow).
          Last edited by uid313; 26 November 2021, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Michael, have you considered using Phar for PTS?

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
              Nice.. default parameters, final/const, and enums. I didn't even expect PHP didn't have those yet.
              Default arguments with final and const have been around for 15 years probably... These useless comments by pure troll retards make me puke sometimes.

Comment

Working...
              X