Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wireshark 3.6 Released With Support For World of Warcraft "WOWW" Protocol, Many Others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireshark 3.6 Released With Support For World of Warcraft "WOWW" Protocol, Many Others

Phoronix: Wireshark 3.6 Released With Support For World of Warcraft "WOWW" Protocol, Many Others

Wireshark as the very useful and powerful open-source packet analyzer for networking and other communication protocols is out with a shiny new release...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...k-3.6-Released

Does it work well with JSON, JSON-RPC, BSON, CBOR, FlatBuffers, MessagePack, Apache Avro, Apache Thrift, Protobuf, gRPC?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Does it work well with JSON, JSON-RPC, BSON, CBOR, FlatBuffers, MessagePack, Apache Avro, Apache Thrift, Protobuf, gRPC?
      I don't know, does it?

Comment

I used wireshark to learn WoW's protocols all the way back ~2007. It was easier to figure everything out on my own than to read mangos opcodes. Nice to see them adding the defs.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
          I don't know, does it?
          The tool is certainly far more helpful than your comment!

Comment

Everything but FlatBuffers seems to be supported by looking at the source.

Comment

I'm waiting for the plug-in that allows it to interpret PFP* and link to an AI that allows it to inject test data. It may already be in testing.

*PFP = Phoronix Forum Protocol

Comment

Working...
              X