Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Linux /dev/random RNG Revved For The 43rd Time

Phoronix: New Linux /dev/random RNG Revved For The 43rd Time

Going on for more than a half-decade now has been the effort around Linux Random Number Generator as a new /dev/random implementation for Linux. After more than five years, LRNG continues to work towards being mainlined and today marks the 43rd revision to these patches...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Someone ought to give that dude a raise. If I had to rewrite my work 43 times I'd be pulling my hair off my ass in anger.

Comment

I don't understand the "better cooling" part.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
        I don't understand the "better cooling" part.
        Whoops, meant tooling. Thanks.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
          Someone ought to give that dude a raise. If I had to rewrite my work 43 times I'd be pulling my hair off my ass in anger.
          More like a termination letter. It shouldn't take this much to make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by ddriver View Post
            It is (extremely) hard to make and prove something is cryptographically correct/secure against all known (and imagined/potential) exploits. It takes a special kind of person (along with teams of others) to get such work past the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by CommunityMember View Post

It is (extremely) hard to make and prove something is cryptographically correct/secure against all known (and imagined/potential) exploits. It takes a special kind of person (along with teams of others) to get such work past the gate.
              Clearly they should have call on you to do it. You know so much on the subject

Comment

A new revision does not imply previous versions are wrong.

Comment

A succinct and brilliant analysis by an expert in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Heater View Post

A succinct and brilliant analysis by an expert in the field.
                    So you are expert on experts then? Probably also psychic

Comment

Working...
                    X