Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LWJGL 3.3 Released For This Popular Java Library - OpenCL 3.0 Added, New Bindings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LWJGL 3.3 Released For This Popular Java Library - OpenCL 3.0 Added, New Bindings

Phoronix: LWJGL 3.3 Released For This Popular Java Library - OpenCL 3.0 Added, New Bindings

The Lightweight Java Game Library "LWJGL" has seen its first release in more than two years for this library that provides bindings for a number of different native APIs. With not seeing a release since before the pandemic, there is a lot in store with today's LWJGL 3.3 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There is also full API documentation mow available.

Comment

I don't really care that they're running the latest version of CUDA, or especially OpenCL. (How are games written in java even making use of these anyway? How are they exposed?)

(Edit: oh dear god. https://github.com/LWJGL/lwjgl3/blob...HelloCUDA.java They're embedding C code into the java app and compiling it.)

Comment

It's really nice to see them pick up support for ARM platforms on windows and linux. But, I really want to see support for OpenPOWER. There have been unofficial patches circulating for a while now, but upstream seems to be confused about old mac systems. That and maybe not having a machine to do CI testing?

LWJGL is the last damn component that prevents me from being able to run modded minecraft on a POWER9 system long into retirement.

Comment

Wasn't this library a major blocker/issue for running Java Minecraft on ARM hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by brucethemoose View Post
            Wasn't this library a major blocker/issue for running Java Minecraft on ARM hardware?
            Yes. Still is for POWER.

Comment

Originally posted by brucethemoose View Post
              Wait, that mean I can run minecraft on my Raspberry Pi now?

That is interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Developer12 View Post
                It's really nice to see them pick up support for ARM platforms on windows and linux. But, I really want to see support for OpenPOWER. There have been unofficial patches circulating for a while now, but upstream seems to be confused about old mac systems. That and maybe not having a machine to do CI testing?

LWJGL is the last damn component that prevents me from being able to run modded minecraft on a POWER9 system long into retirement.
                So, when you spend thousands for your closed instruction set closed hardware "open"POWER workstation, your wish is to play Minecraft on it?

Comment

And now we wait 3 years until Mojang updates LWJGL in minecraft

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

So, when you spend thousands for your closed instruction set closed hardware "open"POWER workstation, your wish is to play Minecraft on it?
                    Somebody doesn't know a damn fucking thing about how OpenPOWER operates. Or LibreSoC for that matter.

Comment

Working...
                    X