Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Python 3.10 Released With Many Improvements

Phoronix: Python 3.10 Released With Many Improvements

Python 3.10 is out as the latest major update for this widely-used programming language's official implementation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Structural Pattern Matching
    At this rate, python might eventually become a language that I don't completely hate

Comment

Originally posted by bachchain View Post
      At this rate, python might eventually become a language that I don't completely hate
      I suppose this is the project's objective, so it is good to learn of progress.

Comment

Originally posted by bachchain View Post
        it's called nim.

Comment

I really love the new way of type hinting unions with like "number | int".

I really love the pattern matching in Rust, but I am not at all excited about it in Python, doesn't seem very useful in Python and other languages.

I like Python, but the the new compare-and-assign operator is weird, no other language that I know off have it, and Python is more targeted at non-developers who need to code something not against developers so then it is better to keep the language simple instead of adding syntax for corner cases and shortcuts that end up making the code more difficult to understand and reason about and makes it more difficult for new comers to learn the language.

Comment

And still no named constants, as far as I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by bison View Post
              And still no named constants, as far as I can tell.
              you can use https://docs.python.org/3/library/ty...l#typing.Final and use a static checker like mypy

Comment

Working...
              X