Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LLVM 13.0 Released With Official Flang Binary Packages, Improved OpenCL Clang Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM 13.0 Released With Official Flang Binary Packages, Improved OpenCL Clang Support

Phoronix: LLVM 13.0 Released With Official Flang Binary Packages, Improved OpenCL Clang Support

LLVM 13.0 was tagged overnight as the latest half-year update to this widely-used, very powerful open-source compiler stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Flang getting some love is pretty cool, however is it still only a parser? Last time I checked it didn't do compilation and instead threw everything at GCC.

Comment

yep, updated live on yt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TylRLjXMIGQ, tested to work w/ latest Mesa and Rustc ;-)

Comment

m68k support is a big deal, and not mentioned in the phoronix article.

Comment

Does the C++ standard library of Clang++ already make extensive use of concepts? I ask because the Concepts implementation is not complete yet. Also a good question when it will be complete?

Comment

Originally posted by kvuj View Post
            Flang getting some love is pretty cool, however is it still only a parser? Last time I checked it didn't do compilation and instead threw everything at GCC.
            That is kind of a big deal then! Especially on systems where GCC has been stripped out like FreeBSD or systems rocking an ancient GCC like OpenBSD. Would be better if the Fortran support was fully baked.

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
              That is kind of a big deal then! Especially on systems where GCC has been stripped out like FreeBSD or systems rocking an ancient GCC like OpenBSD. Would be better if the Fortran support was fully baked.
              OpenBSD doesn't have GCC anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
                But not really. Flang wouldn't be part of base and it wouldn't be dependent on base GCC anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by brad0 View Post

OpenBSD doesn't have GCC anymore.
                  Read a paper just yesterday that said it did on platforms that don't have LLVM support, but yes on AMD64 I think you might be right that base doesn't ship with that ancient GCC version.

Comment

Originally posted by kvuj View Post
                    You mean LLVM? Besides, there are at least 4 projects called flang, but they all target LLVM.

Comment

Working...
                    X