Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PostgreSQL 14.0 Released With More Performance Improvements

Phoronix: PostgreSQL 14.0 Released With More Performance Improvements

PostgreSQL 14.0 is now officially available as the latest version of this widely-used, open-source SQL server...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...=PostgreSQL-14

PG 14 brings some much-needed performance and scalability improvements on the arm64 platform:
    https://akorotkov.github.io/blog/2021/04/30/arm/

Comment

Great database!
      But I wish they would re-license it under the BSD or MIT license instead of using their vanity PostgreSQL license which is pretty much the same as the BSD and MIT licenses but with a different name.

I also wish they would clean up their userspace which is a bit messy with not all utilities prefixed with the pg or pg_ prefix. And create a single program to be the entry point of all functions just like Git does with the "git" command.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        I also wish they would clean up their userspace which is a bit messy with not all utilities prefixed with the pg or pg_ prefix. And create a single program to be the entry point of all functions just like Git does with the "git" command.

bug tracker is that way, code editor is this way.

Comment

PostgreSQL have great SQL compliance!

Comment

A major release for a great (maybe the best) open source RDBMS. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by jochendemuth View Post
              A major release for a great (maybe the best) open source RDBMS. Congrats!
              A major release for a great (the best) open source RDBMS. Congrats!

here you are, I fixed your comment!

Comment

Originally posted by cynic View Post

A major release for a great (the best) open source RDBMS. Congrats!

here you are, I fixed your comment!

MariaDB and CockroachDB have features some PostgreSQL users have wanted for a long long time.

Comment

MariaDB? It's fine, but Postgres has far more features and some are knockout punches. JSONB, Gin, better time and window functions, better types in a few places. Better performance.

Comment

Originally posted by elatllat View Post

MariaDB and CockroachDB have features some PostgreSQL users have wanted for a long long time.
                    I'm by no means a database expert but I thought that MariaDB, being a MySQL fork, is ideal as a website back-end but for any complex or intensive data processing you really want PostgreSQL.

Comment

Working...
                    X