Notcurses 2.4 Released - Now Works On Windows & macOS For Terminal "Bling"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notcurses 2.4 Released - Now Works On Windows & macOS For Terminal "Bling"

Phoronix: Notcurses 2.4 Released - Now Works On Windows & macOS For Terminal "Bling"

Notcurses as an open-source library designed for complex and "blingful" text user interfaces and character graphics, now works not only on Linux but also Windows and macOS. Notcurses makes it easy for CLI-based programs to support a wide range of colors, multimedia, Unicode, and other features not normally associated with command-line applications...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Turning terminal window into graphical window. Wow.

(by the way Michael, one of the videos is not embeddable because of greedy record label demanding no embedding of such content, so you should link to it instead)

Comment

Nice with Windows support, because Windows 10 have a good (in the Microsoft Store), hardware-accelerated terminal called Windows Terminal, which will come pre-installed with Windows 11.

Comment

Oh yes, watching my MKVs in a terminal is what I was missing! :P

Comment

The video makes me want not to use it so much.

Comment

k-rad

Comment

This looks like it could be useful for something for emacs, to make the terminal as featureful as the gui.

Comment

My eyes...

I'm liking the features but the bling... does it come with "reality tv" and other retro hooks generation z grew up with?

The landing doesn't even mention license or the shoulders they were standing on, if any. Oh, found it. Apache 2.
                Last edited by misGnomer; 06 September 2021, 06:16 PM.

Comment

curses/ncurses vs|versus Notcurses ...

Really ?!?

More like the difference between actually cursing and only hype ...

Comment

Michael - that's totally unacceptable to link to extreme NSFW language videos like that, especially without giving any warning. There is no work or family setting in which Azalea Banks' "212" lyrics are even remotely OK. You need to knock that garbage off right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X