No announcement yet.

Linux Has A New Maintainer For Its CD-ROM Driver Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brad was obviously kidding. I’m going to stop being sarcastic on here I honestly had no idea this simple basic stuff goes over all your heads. Guess you guys are just computer smart.

Comment

By the way, funny guys... My 2010 MBP? Fully functioning CD-ROM + CD-RW burner. So make your jokes, but I can still do that. You can't. (without an external drive). Hilarious.

Comment

In another 20 years, there might not be any unpackaged cds that work. My 95 disc rotted years ago. And most of my cds have too.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbine View Post
          In another 20 years, there might not be any unpackaged cds that work. My 95 disc rotted years ago. And most of my cds have too.
          Send me your address. Will send you a full spindle.

Comment

Linux developers loves to waste time with useless things like CD-ROM, floppy disks... Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post
              Linux developers loves to waste time with useless things like CD-ROM, floppy disks... Unbelievable!
              And here we are, making a brilliant use of time!

Comment

Well, I would say your opinion is not really relevant for them, they care the most about the needs of their paying customers, which still use the "useless" technologies.

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
                  Brad was obviously kidding. I’m going to stop being sarcastic on here I honestly had no idea this simple basic stuff goes over all your heads. Guess you guys are just computer smart.
                  Without a smiley, some words underlined or italicized, or some other contextual feature to imply that sarcasm is being used then most people will assume that sarcasm isn't being used.

As far as obvious goes -- I though brad was obviously being an asshole. What's obvious to one is oblivious to another.

If you didn't bong hit yourself into a learning disability you'd know that
                  (and that's how you do sarcasm on the internet)

Comment

You're wrong.
                    I did write a music CD for my car a few months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by brad0 View Post
                      Wow, Michael, talk about desperation to get clicks to your site. So pathetic.
                      There is nothing wrong with referencing to your own site , the only thing that COULD have been a bit better is that either links that either goes back to phoronix or external websites should have a little icon or something in case you tired of looking at the URL's.

CD media is a thing that should not have existed in the first place, but once it is there and being used it should have support. It is only a few years ago since I purchased a DVD-burner to write a CD for a friend that he was going to use in his car. And I even burned a movie or a old DVD player a while ago, and I also burned a install cd for a old machine that does not boot properly off USB. CD/DVD needs to be supported for many years to come.

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Working...
                      X