Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD AOCC 3.1 Compiler Released - Rebased On LLVM 12.0

Phoronix: AMD AOCC 3.1 Compiler Released - Rebased On LLVM 12.0

AMD earlier this week quietly published a new version of its AOCC code compiler that is now rebased against the upstream LLVM/Clang 12.0 compiler state...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great I missed the notification. Just recently I have tried to build the kernel with aocc instead of llvm but got an build error quite early in the build process. Llvm was fine. Maybe with this release it might work.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
      Great I missed the notification. Just recently I have tried to build the kernel with aocc instead of llvm but got an build error quite early in the build process. Llvm was fine. Maybe with this release it might work.
      Ditto, only with KDE and the build error.

Comment

On my 3600XT with AOCC 3.1 I can build the xanmod 5.13.1rt kernel after sourcing the setupenv.sh in /opt/AMD...
        with
        $make LLVM=1 LLVM_IAS=1 menuconfig
        setting arch to amd znver2
        and only supported CPU vendor AMD.
        Experimental build full lto
        $make LLVM=1 LLVM_IAS=1 -j12 deb-pkg
        (If you are on deb derivate)

Took longer than LLVM 12 with the same settings. No error boots correctly.
        Last edited by CochainComplex; 21 July 2021, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Are these changes by AMD being pushed back upstream to LLVM?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            Are these changes by AMD being pushed back upstream to LLVM?
            Yes they are.

Comment

for those interessted https://openbenchmarking.org/result/...IB-XANMOD51372
              the kernel is slightly very slightly better build with aocc in pts/desktop-graphics compared to llvm12. might be within noise levels.

Comment

Working...
              X