Amazon Launches AWS BugBust With A Goal To Fix One Million Software Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Launches AWS BugBust With A Goal To Fix One Million Software Bugs

Phoronix: Amazon Launches AWS BugBust With A Goal To Fix One Million Software Bugs

Amazon today launched AWS BugBust as a global coding challenge where they are hoping to see one million software bugs addressed and to reduce technical debt by over $100 million USD...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Too little, too late. I'm still signing the petition.

Comment

Irony on

Any one has an idea how to raise our revenue without spending money to solve the problems with bugs in our open source software stack?

oh, you heard about these challenges thing? Let's sell a bug hunting program as challenge. Probably we can use some old ad shirts, coffee cups or something to make a bit more interesting.

What do you think we can save here? What's the number of actual high prio issues?

I think compared to our spendings and efforts in dev and ops - 100 million. more or less.

Great. go ahead

Irony off
      Last edited by anolting; 24 June 2021, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Any one has an idea how to raise our revenue without spending money to solve the problems with bugs in our open source software stack?
        Actually, I think you are training their learning systems for them. The “Things to know” section states the following:

Amazon CodeGuru currently supports Python and Java. To compete in the global challenge, your project must be written in one of these languages.

Comment

Oh wow, machine learning, I always get excited when I hear about machine learning. Such a nice buzzword, put some machine learning or AI and it's sure to get people impressed that you're doing high tech stuff.

Comment

They forgot the word cryptocoin or *currnecy

Comment

How about paying the devs of the software they mostly run on AWS? Wouldn't that help decrease bugs?

Comment

It was never software or hardware that has been responsible for AWS unreliability. It was always administrative.

Although in the grand scheme of things this is probably more beneficial than just paying for lawyers good enough that people don't fight you over your SLA failures.

Comment

Clever, that would give them one million additional before/after data points to train their software to find and fix bugs automatically.
                  At first I thought they'd pay developers $100 per bug fixed. But I have enough t-shirts, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925

That would take away thousands of dollars from poor Bezos' pockets! Do you want him to not have a $1000 bottle of wine for a few days? You horrible inhumane person! Trying to deprive him of a decent life and the extreme riches that he's entitled too.

Add something about bootstraps.
                    ​​​
                    Eh, he can sell all his ownership, have the guys paid, and then buy back in for much cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                    X