Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 6.2 Alpha Released With Many More Modules Ported From Qt5

Phoronix: Qt 6.2 Alpha Released With Many More Modules Ported From Qt5

The Qt Company has announced the debut of Qt 6.2 Alpha as it prepares for its September release with many more modules finally making the transition from Qt5 to Qt6...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So the other day I was welding on this gate when I felt this bug crawling around my ass crack and said "It feels like there's an ant in my ass" where my Dad said "It's better than an uncle".

The other day I was playing Rocket League and some guys with names like "CallMeEvan" and "CallMeKyle" joined. I instantly typed in:

"You can call me Ray."
    "And you can call me Jay."
    "But you cain't call me Johnson."

The response was the digital version of cricket noises. Guess they've never heard the joke.

I have a feeling this thread will go to hell about CLA LTS so I hope y'all enjoy a laugh at the start of what is usually a bumpy ride round these parts. I'm just happy more and more parts have transitioned from 5 to 6.

Comment

Practically this is where Qt6 actually starts. Without all these modules, what we had before was mostly a tech preview (which is useful in its own way, but not the real deal).

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
        Practically this is where Qt6 actually starts. Without all these modules, what we had before was mostly a tech preview (which is useful in its own way, but not the real deal).
        Yeah, pretty much. With the reintroduction of WebEngine, Qt6 is now finally usable for me.

Comment

Please stop referring to any release of Qt as Long Term Support releases. They are no such thing. LTS is only for their paying customers, which by definition should already have support.

You are buying into and perpetuating the big lie that Qt Company provides any kind of stable platform for open source development. It is a constantly moving target.

Comment

what Qt 6 have that new GTK 4 don't have

what make anyone use qt instead of gtk ?

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post

Cross platform, commercially backed support.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post

Qt is an aplication development framework, with a large colection of library functions. GTK is only a GUI toolkit. So when you with GTK have to make your own or hunt for a 3rd party library, Qt alredy has it. Using the same syntax style you already know.

​​And you get comprehensive and up to date developer documentation.

Comment

Originally posted by Morty View Post
                  ​And you get comprehensive and up to date developer documentation.
                  This! No need to hunt on Google examples on how to do things and well explained details.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark625 View Post
                    They are no such thing. LTS is only for their paying customers
                    Just because LTS is for paying customers doesn't mean it's non-existent. You completely contradicted yourself with 12 words. Good work.

You are buying into and perpetuating the big lie that Qt Company provides any kind of stable platform for open source development.
                    Qt's LTS policy is clear, so how are they lying? It's certainly not ideal, but KDE and others have found a way to work around this: https://community.kde.org/Qt5PatchCollection

Comment

Working...
                    X