Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filiprino
    replied
    Well, here it goes. Apple and the likes finally got what they want.

We not only have to deal with anti-user practices like Android phones without keys for locked bootloaders in newer architectures which came after GPLv2 was released, but also with steering committees from Glibc and GCC agreeing to give more power to corporations because reasons.

Individuals are being given the option to not assign Copyright. And Corporations are getting the benefit of this change. And it seems there won't be any clause to give permission to reassign Copyright after a period of time in order to not lose work nor losing control of the project.

This is like signing a contract with a record company. Too much rights lost for so little benefit.

Good luck and have a nice day.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by sdack View Post
    Shut up or get back on topic.
    Pretty ironic considering how this conversation started.

Leave a comment:

• coder
    replied
    Enough nonsense. Post flagged.

Leave a comment:

• sdack
    replied
    Originally posted by coder View Post
    Shut up or get back on topic.

Leave a comment:

• coder
    replied
    No, it is not.
    What tells me you're wrong is that I've been taken to task for doing the same thing. The main difference is that I acknowledged the offense and apologized for it.

You are still only being needy and are now also ranting.
    I don't honestly expect you to even acknowledge the point, as that would be tantamount to an apology, which are about as scarce on the Internet as oxygen on the moon.

I've said what I had to say and I'm prepared to leave at that. Let's see if you're big enough to do the same.

Leave a comment:

• sdack
    replied
    No, it's called a social norm.
    No, it is not. You are still only being needy and are now also ranting.
    Last edited by sdack; 20 June 2021, 08:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• coder
    replied
    Yes, it is. The need to match your expectations is you being needy.
    No, it's called a social norm. They're basic expectations we have of each other, in order to have productive discussions.

Violation of these norms is often characterized as being rude. The fact that you didn't take issue with that part shows some acknowledgement that you were out of line.

Leave a comment:

• sdack
    replied
    It's not needy to expect ...
    Yes, it is. The need to match your expectations is you being needy.

Leave a comment:

• coder
    replied
    You can make requests, this is fine, but what you get is not for you to decide. Stop being needy.
    It's not needy to expect someone not reply to a question, while in no way addressing it and casting unfounded aspersions on its motivation. That's just rude.

Leave a comment:

• sdack
    replied
    And I wasn't angry until you started projecting things onto me that had nothing to do with my reason for asking that question.
    You can make requests, this is fine, but what you get is not for you to decide. Stop being needy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X