Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Git 2.32 Released With Numerous Improvements

Phoronix: Git 2.32 Released With Numerous Improvements

Version 2.32 of the Git distributed revision control system is now available with a variety of improvements from performance optimizations to usability enhancements and a whole lot of bug fixes...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...-2.32-Released

I am surprised no wokists has gone on a digital rampage because of the master repos on kernel.org :^)

Comment

Redfoxmoon master repos? Believe you mean main repos, sir

Comment

Originally posted by Redfoxmoon View Post
        I am surprised no wokists has gone on a digital rampage because of the master repos on kernel.org :^)
        That's becoming an obsession. There is just nothing about that in the news. Will you die because of a "main" branch? Anti-wokists are more annoying than wokists.
        Last edited by ALRBP; 06 June 2021, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfoxmoon View Post
          The kernel.org repos are well known to be the personification of a pre US civil war southern slave holder for keeping the "master" branch.

Comment

Very nice with further usability improvements.

I would really like there to be something like Microsoft Clippy for Git to make Git retard-friendly for people like me who find it tricky.
            • Hey, it looks like you have an empty directory, would like to clone an existing repository or create a new repository?
            • Hey, it looks like you you haven't pulled in a while, do you want me to pull for you?
            • Hey, it looks like you modified files, would you like to commit them?
            • Hey, it looks like you got unpushed commits, would you like to push them?
            • Hey, don't forget your commit message!
            • Your commit message is rather log, shorten it down!
            • Hey, would you like to merge?
            • Hey, would like you like to branch?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

I would really like there to be something like Microsoft Clippy for Git to make Git retard-friendly for people like me who find it tricky.
              • Hey, it looks like you have an empty directory, would like to clone an existing repository or create a new repository?
              • Hey, it looks like you you haven't pulled in a while, do you want me to pull for you?
              Um thanks, but no, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

Take https://github.com/gbigwood/Clippo/b...ugin/clippy.py as a base and make it so? :-)

Comment

Working...
                X