Red Hat Is Hiring More LLVM Compiler Engineers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mroche View Post
    For those looking for the reference to the GCC fork discussion ....
    I briefly followed some parts of the conversations previously, and in the end, my understand was there was a very bimodel distribution of what should be done by those that actually matter (i.e. those people who actually contribute to the project(s) in question, and would, or would not, continue to do so in various future scenarios).

A decision on the future path must be made (not making a decision is also a decision), and let things fall where they may.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
      Making excuses for sex slavery, eating dirt off his feet on stage, ... Pick one.
      I underlined the allegedly offending parts.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Again with this? They want to move GCC away from GNU?!
        I don't think this will be a good thing... What is so wrong with Stallman?!
        It is the latest rev of GPL that is the problem and the lack of confidence that it will not get worse. In some ways Stallman is the primary reason open source has a bad name in some circles. He has taken the idea of freedom and shackled it with oppressive ideology.

Comment

As for LLVM/CLang I really believe that it is the best thing that ever happened to GCC. A little friendly competition Spurs innovation and helps squash complacency. From my perspective LLVM help to make GCC and tools far better than they would other wise be today.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle H.
            Eating foot cheese is gross and extremely bad PR, but it takes a certain level of unorthodox behavior and autism to do what Stallman does.
            I think the more relevant question is what does Stallman actually do that is so special? He goes out and talks about the GPL/FSF/etc., sure, but most people are never going to listen to him now, fairly or not, and I don't see that changing. So in the end he's just not very good at his job. There are other people who are perfectly capable of evangelizing the same beliefs he does.

It really feels like he rides a cult of personality and that it's more important to him than the actual beliefs he is supposed to be spreading, because he's really hurting that effort now rather than helping it out. Just feels icky to me.
            Last edited by smitty3268; 07 May 2021, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Making excuses for sex slavery, eating dirt off his feet on stage, ... Pick one.
              Everybody with an interest in free software is indebted to RMS for having the vision and drive to get the movement off the ground in the first place. However, it seems these days his contributions are a net-negative, and it would be better for everybody, RMS included, if he would quietly retire.

Free software needs a new generation of leaders to come up with answers to issues that are relevant today, like surveillance capitalism, given that the previous attempts like GPLv3 and in particular AGPL have largely failed. That won't happen as long as RMS is in charge and there's a loud minority with a cult-like attachment to him.

Comment

Making excuses for sex slavery,
                What a fooking liar you are!

Comment

He just wrote that his then dead friend probably did not know that the girl he had sex with was 17 I think or that she was in fact a slave, which I am not sure that this is a fact, she says so but I don't think there is any other evidence then her age and her statement? But I am not sure and that is just a question, I didn't research the case to much, and that was not what RMS said. So he assumed he did not know. Is that excuse for the slavery if that happened? Also slavery is as far as I know not the correct legal term, so it's a framing or am I wrong here and it's the legal term?

I think he made some comments about no legal ages 30 40 years ago... and did apologize for that is therefor of course irrelevant. About the eating I am not sure what he ate, dirt is very unspecific, he probably did not eat soil I would assume, but there are many many hours of him on camera because he did probably thousands of public speeches, is it maybe odd or disgusting maybe, who gives a shit, that don't outwages the gigantic work he has done for the GPL and the FSF.

Just as reference, making statement about women under 18 has nothing to do with pedophilia, here in germany age of consent is 14 and pedophilia is about a exclusive or primary attraction towards girls before puberty, puberty does not end with 18. And a women is biologically a adult with her first period, that's the biological definition of adulthood.
                  And in the language we use terms like subadult for this people. You can have strong feelings about this facts, but they stay facts anyway. Maybe you should check your ideas if you get mad about facts.
                  Last edited by blackiwid; 07 May 2021, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Making excuses for sex slavery
                    He was making excuses for his friend Minsky. His argument was basically that Minsky didn't know she was a prostitute. It is a stretch to say he excuses sex slavery.

Comment

Originally posted by paulpach View Post

He was making excuses for his friend Minsky. His argument was basically that Minsky didn't know she was a prostitute. It is a stretch to say he excuses sex slavery.
                      AFAIK, it was even simpler: he was only asking to replace the term "Minsky sexually assaulted an underage girl" with something like "the underage girl had sex with Minsky under coercion from Epstein", because he considered that the term "assault" is associated with physical violence, and didn't reflect with precision what really happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X