The Qt Company Publishes 2021 Roadmap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Ubuntu 21.04 only have Qt 5, not Qt 6 in its repository.
    Are there any Qt 6 apps out there?
    The only Qt app that I use is VLC media player.
    I thought you didn't like applications that looked “off”? You can say a lot about VLC, but it doesn't exactly stand out for looking integrated, not even on Qt DE's.

Comment

Originally posted by reavertm View Post

As independent Qt apps developer maybe, but as KDE/LxQt user you will use whatever KDE/LxQt pulls as build dependency in your distro. As the latter, I could care less what version runs underneath.
      Also for individual Qt apps. I mean: if Qt 6.1, for example, introduces a feature that's not backwards compatible and a dev decides to make use of that feature, you're not going to make the app work on Qt 5 as an end user.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I thought you didn't like applications that looked “off”? You can say a lot about VLC, but it doesn't exactly stand out for looking integrated, not even on Qt DE's.
        Yeah, I dislike that VLC and other Qt applications don't look like other applications. VLC is a good piece of software, its unfortunate it doesn't look prettier on default Ubuntu. I mostly use GNOME Totem though, but I have VLC installed too, sometimes it comes in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

That is unfortunately a feature of any application that wants to have a distinct look. It will end up looking distinct..

Comment

Working...
          X