Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Talks Up Logica As Open-Source Programming Language For Data Manipulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Palu Macil View Post
    Good for them, but I don't think the syntax looks as readable as SQL personally.
    It's not as verbosely imperative but I think it's still well under the generics overhead red line: https://github.com/EvgSkv/logica/blo...tutorial.ipynb

Maybe you can offer a concrete example of where you feel it gets too much? This sort of things have a certain balance to them so it's hard to predict exactly where different people draw their lines...

Comment

Originally posted by Ironmask View Post
      Stop making a new product every month just for it to go neglected by everyone including Google.
      As long as they open source the whole thing, I don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Palu Macil View Post
        Good for them, but I don't think the syntax looks as readable as SQL personally.
        Unless you're completely new to both, I think it's difficult to make a fair comparison. I've been working with SQL for twenty years, so anything else for database work seems pointless and awkward to me. In some cases it actually is pointless and awkward, but in many I'm just letting familiarity cloud my judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by c117152 View Post

It's not as verbosely imperative but I think it's still well under the generics overhead red line: https://github.com/EvgSkv/logica/blo...tutorial.ipynb

Maybe you can offer a concrete example of where you feel it gets too much? This sort of things have a certain balance to them so it's hard to predict exactly where different people draw their lines...
          It might just be that SQL has been around forever because my concrete examples of what I think is more confusing would be every single example given in their blog post. I just don't think it ever looks as clear as SQL. Someone who hasn't been a developer for long enough to see SQL might be able to give a more unbiased answer after a short intro to both.

Comment

Working...
          X