Initial Support For The Rust Language Lands In Linux-Next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rust fanatics
    I think the fanatic here is Linus: Think about all the years he has resisted other very good contenders, like C++ and Ada. I thank him for that (for C++; I wish I had more experience with Ada).

My reaction to Rust is that this is the first real C replacement, and it seems Linus doesn't disagree with that. That said, Zig might be a more direct replacement.
    Last edited by andreano; 21 March 2021, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Holy shit you don't need to be so anal about every little thing. It was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

Or the runner up containment OS?
        We should all have stayed there.

Comment

Originally posted by angrypie View Post
          Holy shit you don't need to be so anal about every little thing. It was a joke.
          Without something like a </g>, and given some of the other users and threads on this forum, it's impossible to tell that was intended as a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

Without something like a </g>, and given some of the other users and threads on this forum, it's impossible to tell that was intended as a joke.
            Or: don't make programming languages your identity and stop taking everything you read personally. Should also do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by angrypie View Post
              don't make programming languages your identity
              You said it, not me. I just wanted to show how ridiculous your comment was and didn't know whether it was intended to be a bad joke or a serious/trolling statement, so I erred on the side of caution.

Comment

Angrypie is referring to a term we call 'blinkered vision'. They're used on race horses to reduce distractions and focus on the task it is trained for. Iy'snot his fault you missed the butte of his joke, then flew off the deep end of the pool.
                Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
                  Angrypie is referring to a term we call 'blinkered vision'. They're used on race horses to reduce distractions and focus on the task it is trained for. Iy'snot his fault you missed the butte of his joke, then flew off the deep end of the pool.
                  He literally copied angrypie's comment, but somehow he's going off the deep end but angrypie wasn't?

It works both ways.

Comment

He said it was a joke. And here we are, dancing a stupid game of tit for tat.

The redux project at least is making good progress. A commemdable effort and seemingly a great repository for the bug-smacking of Rust at large.
                    Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
                      He said it was a joke. And here we are, dancing a stupid game of tit for tat.
                      It was a pretty bad one, but sure. I thought it was pretty obvious the replies were jokes too. Surely no one thought they were serious that everyone who likes C should go to BSD, that's just silly.

Comment

Working...
                      X