Qt 5.15.3 LTS Released With 200+ Bug Fixes, But Only For Commercial Customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post

In my opinion, it's necessary that free-software be independent from commercial company, unless it becomes a product of the same company which can take control on the free product itself with its decisions acquiring the product.
    I appreciate your opinion but you're 25 years late with it. Also, your opinion is very unrealistic as creating a new open toolkit for Qt dependent projects will require millions of dollars and years of work. Let's be realistic and work with the status quo.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

I appreciate your opinion but you're 25 years late with it. Also, your opinion is very unrealistic as creating a new open toolkit for Qt dependent projects will require millions of dollars and years of work. Let's be realistic and work with the status quo.
      So all free-software Qt dependent becomes commercial. As far as me all these projects are over. May users will have to consider the possibility to move on other free project such as Ubuntu and or Xubuntu. Which kind of framework does Xubuntu apply?

Comment

Originally posted by reba View Post

Yes, it's a:
        Code:
        === START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
        Model Family: Samsung based SSDs
        Device Model: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB
        User Capacity: 500.107.862.016 bytes [500 GB]
        Sector Size: 512 bytes logical/physical
        Rotation Rate: Solid State Device
        TRIM Command: Available
        Device is: In smartctl database [for details use: -P show]
        ATA Version is: ACS-2, ATA8-ACS T13/1699-D revision 4c
        SATA Version is: SATA 3.1, 6.0 Gb/s (current: 6.0 Gb/s)
        SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.
        SMART support is: Enabled
        That explains, but even with an SSD the search box shouldn't be an independent application and must start immediately after pressing a key on the desktop... (like every other DE out there)

Comment

Probably, there is a solution but this means a fusion between two different teams from which to get an only one project from the currently two.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

That explains, but even with an SSD the search box shouldn't be an independent application and must start immediately after pressing a key on the desktop... (like every other DE out there)
            Nothing of what you wrote happens with a laptop bought in 2015, using Kubuntu 20.04 and a HDD...

Comment

does kde devs have to create an entire Qt? it's not like they use every feature available in Qt. They probably can create something that they need for KDE. not like that is easy.

Comment

I'm so happy I was forced to stop using KDE due to 2 critical unfixed bugs some months ago. Also some really bad software quality issues for the last three years, specially in kdepim, helped making that decision a lot easier.

KDE's management for the last 4 to 5 years has gotten worse and worse. I hope they can overcome this licensing issue, but this was announced months ago by QT and, despite claiming that they were looking into it at the time, nothing has happened or at least been planned. Maybe they should consider using the foundation's funds for actual development stuff instead of other superfluous things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
                  For new readers in Phoronix, that "Jumbotron" user is "a Gnome fan boy", as he shamelessly wrote (https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...39#post1139839). Go figure...
                  If GNOME wasn't so shit I'd gladly use it.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post

So you lived in someone elses home and fixed some shit in it time to time (just analogue). And think that it gave you claim on part-ownership?
                    Got news for ya, real life doesn't work that way
                    I rather have news for you, KDE is the only reason Qt is still relevant in some ways in 2021. Your comparison is for the arse.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

tildearrow,

Click on settings of Krunner and disable what you don't need it to search for. Problem solved. I bet you also disabled the kde indexing, besides also using a slow (but trustworthy) HD.

Best regards.

Comment

Working...
                      X