Qt 5.15.3 LTS Released With 200+ Bug Fixes, But Only For Commercial Customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I am not sure, but KRunner takes so long to start on the first go.
    It's an HDD. Are you on SSD?
    the first time after boot it takes me a second in a 12 year old intel cpu, I'm on an HDD. I really don't think it's normal for it to take 10 seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by mazumoto
      In my book google is extremely unreliable with their projects (see stadia, gwt or that google projects graveyard somewhere on the web). I'd try to avoid basing any of my work on anything from google, especially if it's something long-term.
      Well and look at the Chromium sync issue. It wasn’t a problem for years and now they just decide to cripple a browser feature randomly. I would never base anything important on a Google product either. They simply do not care about maintaining things long term.

From what I understand, they love hiring young people fresh out of school, and their culture is such that you must make your mark by starting a new successful project. It’s no surprise to me that supporting a product is not interesting to them.

Still, flutter will probably be pretty good for a few years before it becomes abandonware. I thought they were on the verge of trashing Dart until Flutter came out, given that their attempt to replace JavaScript on the web was a total failure. (and thank God for that. Imagine if the entire web experience was controlled by such a company?)

Comment

• Originally posted by verude View Post

the first time after boot it takes me a second in a 12 year old intel cpu, I'm on an HDD. I really don't think it's normal for it to take 10 seconds.
        It shouldn't take 1 second either. It should be instant.

Comment

• Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

It shouldn't take 1 second either. It should be instant.
          He said he's using a 12 year old Intel CPU and an HDD

Comment

• Qt is going to hire a Community Manager to deal with this mess. Of course that won’t free any code but at least we get to see weasels running a blog.

Comment

Working...
            X