Mercurial Revision Control System Continues Rust'ing For Better Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercurial Revision Control System Continues Rust'ing For Better Performance

Phoronix: Mercurial Revision Control System Continues Rust'ing For Better Performance

The Mercurial distributed revision control system continues to see use particularly around some large code-base projects and the developers continue working to optimize its performance in part by transitioning more of it to the Rust programming language...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does anyone use this other then OpenJDK?

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      Does anyone use this other then OpenJDK?
      Octave I think.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

Octave I think.
        SDL as well
        Last edited by tildearrow; 11 February 2021, 05:43 AM. Reason: schism does not use hg anymore...

Comment

FYI, this coming week we plan to move SDL development from Mercurial and Bugzilla to GitHub. On Wednesday we’ll bring down the public services and I’ll send out an update when the transition is complete, with instructions on how to access the new repository. This will take a few days as we migrate all the bugs and so forth so we have full history on GitHub. Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

SDL as well
            not any more, they just moved/are currently moving to github and git

Comment

PyPy still uses Mercurial.

Honestly Mercurial is a very good solution and viable alternative to Git. Just that the web-based platforms like github spent more effort on git, and now its near unbiquitous.

Comment

Mozilla is still on Mercurial.

Comment

I remember choosing Mercurial instead of Git for my own projects many years ago. At the time it had a better CLI and was easier to use than Git and was good enough for my use. Git ultimately won because it had much better performance, but its CLI is still difficult to use at times. Some competition in this space would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by grigi View Post
                    PyPy still uses Mercurial.

Honestly Mercurial is a very good solution and viable alternative to Git. Just that the web-based platforms like github spent more effort on git, and now its near unbiquitous.
                    Won't ever be good as long as it uses/requires Python.

Comment

Working...
                    X