Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 6.0.1 Released With Over 200 Bug Fixes

Phoronix: Qt 6.0.1 Released With Over 200 Bug Fixes

Following the December release of Qt 6.0, the Qt 6.0.1 toolkit is available today with the first batch of bug fixes to further stabilize the Qt6 code-base...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

144Hz Eagerly awaiting for your thoughts.

Comment

Only a hundred and forty four to go

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
        144Hz Eagerly awaiting for your thoughts.
        CLA, CLA, CLA. Boiling a frog. GTK is True Freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
          bug77 Take a +1. Here I’m eagerly awaiting KDE’s reaction It has been a few weeks since the last atrocities so Qt just need to blog a bit more about new features and bug fixes then everything is back to normal.

There will be no forks, no legal actions from the Free foundation, no more talk about LTS. KDAB already bent over and accepted the new terms from Qt6.0 and onwards. And so will KDE.
          I think you took it too literally.
          Now you ruined the joke.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            CLA, CLA, CLA. Boiling a frog. GTK is True Freedom.
            I used KDE/QT for over 15 years... as soon i get to know the CLA-WAR topic i switched to Gnome and Cinnamon.
            even if you are a KDE/QT lover you should hate this CLA-WAR to.

this CLA stuff really hurts the FLOSS ecosystem
            Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

I'll preface this to say I'm a big fan of developing using the Qt libraries, but recent decisions by Qtc have really been subpar. Even the release notes for this patch release look like they've been deliberately obfuscated:

Code:
              Fixes
              [qtbase]
              5a233f75561d104edb42b9af9540ac385cdcfe34 Fixes: QTBUG-88624
              3965eb230523a2d90d65b8ebaf8de9399fa899d7 Fixes: QTBUG-88501
              0bc41f5601826215fc9a6302b5dca7e53a8ddeab Fixes: QTBUG-88221
              0eac6af035d703d862f8d9391788d27a0660502a Fixes: QTBUG-88609
              c0b0ade6223c7ed492069f2fe0d801b4a5893e3d Fixes: QTBUG-88683
              2acf1122eaf0ec4a3bd06fb0c199374a4fe1c66d Fixes: QTBUG-88589
              2f7fcebf3bda12a21c27af9b043d748cfd5477f2 Fixes: QTBUG-88718
              That's completely useless if you're just looking for an overview of what kinds of issues were present in 6.0.0 and have since been fixed...!

Contrasted with 5.15.2's release notes:

Code:
              QtCore
              - QJsonObject:
              * [QTBUG-86873] Fixed sorting in QJsonObject when parsing UTF-8 JSON text so that searching works afterwards.

- QLocale:
              * [QTBUG-74287] Fixed locale look-up when language is unspecified.
              * [QTBUG-84669] Fixed QLocale::findLocaleDataById().
              * [QTBUG-86306] Fixed incorrect guessing of the UTC time zone when the system timezone name is unrecognized.

- QMimeDatabase:
              * [QTBUG-85436] Fixed handling of glob-deleteall in QMimeDatabase.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post

I used KDE/QT for over 15 years... as soon i get to know the CLA-WAR topic i switched to Gnome and Cinnamon.
                even if you are a KDE/QT lover you should hate this CLA-WAR to.

this CLA stuff really hurts the FLOSS ecosystem
                I tried Cinnamon out for a while, and it began to glitch upon moving the task bar to the left side of the screen.

I could use the other desktop, but.... there are things that still annoy me...
                I would use GNOME if:
                - There was a clock widget (optional though) - covered by extension.
                - I could auto-hide the top bar - covered by extension.
                - Unredirection would work appropriately (it terribly fails with osu!) - probably covered by extension; see previous point.
                - I could tell it to refuse to change my alsamixer settings every time I log in
                - I was able to remove most of the air in the UI design - covered by custom theme.
                - GNOME 40 would allow me to boot up on the desktop instead of the app picker
                - Chromium would stop opening maximized by default (I did a search, and everyone actually wants the opposite)
                - Notifications did not hide when I move my cursor up
                Last edited by tildearrow; 07 February 2021, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I think you took it too literally.
                  Now you ruined the joke.
                  He genuinely thinks he's being helpful. Go figure.

Comment

It's like everything in life.... Sure gtk is "free" but at what cost?

kde might not be free but I'll keep using it until gnome catches up or kde crashes and burns because of the license Sadly I wonder if this was the main or only reason Ubuntu vanilla decided to go gnome instead of kde after ditching unity...

Comment

Working...
                    X