Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GNU Had A Busy 2020 With The GCC Toolchain Still Rocking, Finally Converted To Git

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNU Had A Busy 2020 With The GCC Toolchain Still Rocking, Finally Converted To Git

Phoronix: GNU Had A Busy 2020 With The GCC Toolchain Still Rocking, Finally Converted To Git

The GNU Project had a very active year with the GNU toolchain in particular continuing to make major strides in punctually supporting new C/C++ features, continuing to enhance device offloading / accelerator support, support new CPU features, and more. GCC also saw its conversion this year finally over to Git among other accomplishments by the large number of GNU software projects...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think a real problem with GNU is that they have long been the QAnon of OSS. Maybe now that rms os out og the picture they will focus on code rather than paranoia.

In any case, I'm patiently waiting for Serpent Linux to free me from BSD. I agree with Ikey - both GNU and Nvidia are holding linux back.

Comment

I'm kind of disappointed I missed so many opportunities to shit on ESR over the SVN to Git conversion in 2020. Especially since he's claiming credit despite everyone else stepping in to write it for him after the flubbed it for years.

Hopefully 2020 will teach us to not assign any work or leadership roles to him in the future.

Comment

We haven't had any news after the Git migration. Did it work ok? Did it lead to improved workflows?

Comment

Working...
        X