No announcement yet.

Git 2.30 Released As More Projects Shift To "Main" As Their Default Branch Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Git 2.30 Released As More Projects Shift To "Main" As Their Default Branch Name

Phoronix: Git 2.30 Released As More Projects Shift To "Main" As Their Default Branch Name

Git 2.30 is out today as the latest stable release update of this wildly-popular, distributed revision control system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally, the much awaited change. Expecting 33% faster performance now that the default branch name is 33% smaller in length.

Comment

So far not encountered a service where I had to change it back to the sane default "master" after creating a repo. I guess I simply only use services that keep the sane default.

Comment

I don't care what the default branch name is, but all this is getting silly. Like a fun satire or something.

Oh but... WAIT!
        IB4: someone connects "main" to "mein kampf", because the words are pronounced quite alike.
        Someone should open a bug for this and see what happens...

Comment

We investigate the consequences and predictors of emitting signals of victimhood and virtue. In our first three studies, we show that the virtuous victim signal can facilitate nonreciprocal resource transfer from others to the signaler. Next, we develop and validate a victim signaling scale that we …

"We investigate the consequences and predictors of emitting signals of victimhood and virtue. In our first three studies, we show that the virtuous victim signal can facilitate nonreciprocal resource transfer from others to the signaler. Next, we develop and validate a victim signaling scale that we combine with an established measure of virtue signaling to operationalize the virtuous victim construct. We show that individuals with Dark Triad traits-Machiavellianism, Narcissism, Psychopathy-more frequently signal virtuous victimhood, controlling for demographic and socioeconomic variables that are commonly associated with victimization in Western societies."

Comment

Star Wars: Episode 1

TC-14: Make yourselves comfortable. My "master" will be with you shortly.

TC-14 (revised): Make yourselves comfortable. My "main" will be with you shortly.

Obi-Wan: But "Main" Yoda said I should be mindful of the future.

Obi-Wan (revised): But "Main" Yoda said I should be mindful of the future.

Obi-Wan: You were right about one thing, "Master." The negotiations were short.

Obi-Wan (revised): You were right about one thing, "Main." The negotiations were short.

You guys see where I'm going with this? Is it forbidden in movies to use the word "master" and use "main" instead? What about the use of the word "primary?" To me, that makes no sense at all.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
              Star Wars: Episode 1

TC-14: Make yourselves comfortable. My "master" will be with you shortly.

TC-14 (revised): Make yourselves comfortable. My "main" will be with you shortly.

Obi-Wan: But "Main" Yoda said I should be mindful of the future.

Obi-Wan (revised): But "Main" Yoda said I should be mindful of the future.

Obi-Wan: You were right about one thing, "Master." The negotiations were short.

Obi-Wan (revised): You were right about one thing, "Main." The negotiations were short.

You guys see where I'm going with this? Is it forbidden in movies to use the word "master" and use "main" instead? What about the use of the word "primary?" To me, that makes no sense at all.
              Let's see it with some texts that a clever man wrote:
              Last edited by Nth_man; 28 December 2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

i think the word "is" really has been used by so many of all the wrong(tm) people to promote things like hate(tm) and inequity(tm) that it would be irresponsible(tm) to use it professionally. it also helps to create an environment that excludes people who don't feel that they exist, or who don't believe in a single "reality," and don't want their conceptions of concepts to be prescribed by the concepts themselves, or policed by dogmatic realists or adults. i don't see how the word "is" should(tm) have any place in modern speech.

#cancelis #cancelgit #cancelreality #cancelphoronix
                Last edited by doomie; 28 December 2020, 06:11 PM.

Comment

lmao those headlines are such good bait, this thread is just as garbage as i expected

Comment

Here are the synonyms for git, for when it is inevitably found offensive to someone and has to be changed. I'm personally a fan of 'dipstick' and 'mooncalf' -

"berk [British], booby, charlie (also charley) [British], cuckoo, ding-a-ling, ding-dong, dingbat, dipstick, doofus [slang], featherhead, fool, goose, half-wit, jackass, lunatic, mooncalf, nincompoop, ninny, ninnyhammer, nit [chiefly British], nitwit, nut, nutcase, simp, simpleton, turkey, yo-yo"

Comment

Working...
                    X