Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 6.0 Officially Released

Phoronix: Qt 6.0 Officially Released

The Qt Company has officially released Qt 6.0 as the latest major release to this open-source, cross-platform toolkit...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by Phoronix
    Not all of the modules of Qt5 have been ported yet to Qt6 so some features may remain missing until Qt 6.1, 6.2, or later. Among those yet to be ported modules are Qt Multimedia, Qt Bluetooth, and Qt Virtual Keyboard. The Qt Company is transparent in acknowledging that Qt 6.0 isn't as feature complete as the current Qt 5.15 toolkit.
    Then why the fark was Qt 6.0 given the green light to release?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

Pretty sure that's been mentioned quite a few times, should be sorted for the first LTS but gets folks porting their code to Qt6 now

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

Pretty sure that's been mentioned quite a few times, should be sorted for the first LTS but gets folks porting their code to Qt6 now
        That was the reason given for Qt 3.3 --> Qt 4.0 and it caused problems for everybody who were under the impression that Qt 4.0 was a complete release.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

You really can't figure that out on your own?

Comment

Does that mean kdelibs 6.0 is starting now?

Comment

I might have missed some things...

QtBluetooth ?!

A bluetooth stack in a GUI Toolkit? There might be reasons and I even expect some of those to be sane, nonetheless thats clearly not following the KISS principle. If I ever see some guy using Devuan with KDE installed, i'll just nod my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post
                A bluetooth stack in a GUI Toolkit? There might be reasons and I even expect some of those to be sane, nonetheless thats clearly not following the KISS principle. If I ever see some guy using Devuan with KDE installed, i'll just nod my head.
                It's not bluetooth stack. It's an API so you can use bluetooth with windows, mac, linux, android, iOS, regardeless of THEIR bluetooth stacks.
                It's the same as many Qt components, not reimplementations but wrappers around OS specific stuff with a common API so you can do multiplatform applications.

Comment

Qt is such a piece of shit lately.
                  The offline installers for Qt6 are just the source code.
                  The online installer requires you to sign up with their company.
                  What A Joke.

Comment

So what does it mean for KDE??

Comment

Working...
                    X