Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCC To Receive Automatic Parallelization Support

Phoronix: GCC To Receive Automatic Parallelization Support

IBM's Razya Ladelsky today outlined plans for providing automatic parallelization support within the GNU Compiler Collection. The Graphite Framework, which provides high-level loop optimizations based upon the polyhedral model, was merged for the forthcoming release of GCC 4.4 and it will be used eventually to provide some level of automatic parallelization support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What kind of time frame are we talking before my favorite distro can be compiled from the ground up with this enabled? I want this yesterday!

Comment

Hey ! I'm not sure about it, but it seems like it will be the first compiler to support this killer-feature !

Am I wrong ?

Comment

Stuff like this makes me happy being a Gentoo user

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          Stuff like this makes me happy being a Gentoo user
          What happens when a Gentoo user wants to change his CPU+Motherboard?

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
            They switch to Debian

Comment

Haha, you wish! No, they simply rebuild.

PS:
              No wait, they don't. Switching CPU is usually done to UPGRADE it. Future CPUs are always compatible with older ones. Only downgrading can require a rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
                i would imagine they first open their tower, take out any pci cards etc, then disconnect cables, then loosen the screws, take the board out, replaces the backpanel, and then put the new stuff in and connect etc...

Comment

Or that

Comment

+1 gentoo user over here too

Comment

Working...
                    X