Qt 5.15.2 Released With Another 176 Bug Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ari55 View Post
    For an application on a pi4 I had to use Qt webengine and OpenCv ... so to avoid long time compilations I'm using manjaro-arm 64bit, no need to compile anymore.
    pacman -S qt5-webengine opencv
    that's it.
    That depends, if you need or want a particular Qt version you can't rely on you distro's packages.
    In that case one can cross compile, even though it's quite a PITA.

Comment

Originally posted by JackLilhammers View Post
      [...]

(tildearrow thanks)
      Yes, tildearrow, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ed31337 View Post
        Alrighty! I just finished compiling 5.15.1 a few days ago, now it's time to do it all over again... Never fails, just like washing the car makes it rain...

Big thumbs up and thank you to all the Qt devs for fixing all those bugs for this new release!

FYI: for those of you compiling on a RAM limited machine (I'm on a 4GB Raspberry Pi 4), this command makes all the difference in getting past the memory hungry Chromium Qt Web Engine build successfully:

Code:
        NINJAJOBS=-j1 make -j4
        You could also configure with -no-webengine-jumbo-build (or --webengine-jumbo-build=0). That is the feature that really uses a lot of memory when compiling webengine by compiling many source files together. Of course that uses more memory when linking.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
          You could also configure with -no-webengine-jumbo-build (or --webengine-jumbo-build=0).
          I did use "-no-webengine-jumbo-build" but alas, it didn't seem to do anything as far as I can tell. Still konked out with way too much memory usage because ninja tries to run so many compiler processes at the same time.

Comment

Working...
          X