Qt Design Studio 2.0 Beta Released For Quickly + Easily Designing UIs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt Design Studio 2.0 Beta Released For Quickly + Easily Designing UIs

Phoronix: Qt Design Studio 2.0 Beta Released For Quickly + Easily Designing UIs

The Qt Company has released their public beta of the forthcoming Qt Design Studio 2.0, their software for quickly and easily designing user interfaces with an emphasis on UI design for non-programmers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

their software for quickly and easily designing user interfaces with an emphasis on UI design for non-programmers.
    That will surely end well.

At least they're not trying to make a new programming language as a crutch for wannabe-programmers to go get a job as a "Java developer." <ducks>

Comment

Originally posted by ed31337 View Post

That will surely end well.
      It's a tool for large professional teams. It's decoupling the development environment from design by means of a markup language. It enables doing interface live mockups before it reaches developers for integration. Actually a good idea, and it's been done plenty of times now, also is sought after by large number of companies.

Comment

I know, I know... I'm mostly making a joke, but it's funny because there is a hint of truth to it. How many times have you been in "large professional teams," getting thrown designs from non-programmers that are woefully ill-conceived and seriously needing a lot of re-work? And then how many times have you been in the situation where the pointy-haired boss thinks that the software is "basically already done" even before the programmers have been given a crack at it because of these mock ups from the non-programmers?

Comment

I've been in both, and you're unfortunately right - only the biggest do better, and not even them do all the things right

But I've seen job done right, and it's beautiful. When it actually works 🤣

Comment

Working...
          X