No announcement yet.

Qt Developers Discuss What To Do With All Their "P1" Priority Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When comes to Open Source side KDE is probably their main user base, so I would decide to treat bugs reported from current KDE as the highest priority ones.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Sure, throw the baby out with the water
      The baby already suffered a lot, it's last adopter leaves much to be desired. Maybe social services must do something about it...

Comment

Is it time to fork Qt? Kt?

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
          Cool! Care to elaborate? There are already a few projects I heard about, e.g. Iced, Druid, OrbTK, KAS (in no particular order). How would your experiment compare?
          I need to make some headway first. Knowing me, there's a good chance I'll either loose interest or run out of time to work on it. Or both.

Comment

Is "Fuck it. Just close them all. Let's start over." an acceptable solution?

Comment

Maybe they should just rewrite it in rust (duck-and-cover)
              I feel like this is how almost every rewrite it in rust comment turns out:

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                I need to make some headway first. Knowing me, there's a good chance I'll either loose interest or run out of time to work on it. Or both.
                I was just wondering if you already tried one of the aforementioned and maybe could report what you liked or what not.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                  Is "Fuck it. Just close them all. Let's start over." an acceptable solution?
                  Well, that wouldn't solve the issues,
                  just reduce their count.

Comment

Well, that wouldn't solve the issues,
                    just reduce their count.
                    It isn't about solving issues in that sense, it's about getting rid of bugs that were false positives, weird distribution configuration related, dependencey related, etc. Drop everything, see what people actually start reporting, and go from there.

Comment

I was just wondering if you already tried one of the aforementioned and maybe could report what you liked or what not.
                      I haven't, I'm working on purely backend stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X